Visio on Desktop

Welcome to the Visio on Desktop feedback forum! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.

• There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio

• When you create a new idea you will be able to pick a category. You can then filter by categories on the right sidebar. If you feel we need to add some categories please let us know.

• You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. visio viewer

“Publish an installable standalone Visio Viewer that does not depend on Active X, web browser or OneDrive. Dependence on
    -OneDrive limits end-user usability
    -Web browser limits resolution and movement around larger documents”

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto Save files in SharePoint or One Drive

Please provide the option to Auto Save Visio files when saved in SharePoint or One Drive. (Like every other MS file-type)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sharepoint Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Be able to classify, label and protect Visio diagrams with Microsoft Information Protection sensitivity labels

Word, PowerPoint, Excel and several third party applications support MIP labels to flag the sensitivity and confidentiality of a document, apply protection and enforce display of content markings.
    Visio diagrams include just as much sensitive information as these other document formats, and users should be able to label them in the same way with a consistent user experience. Visio already supports the older RMS protection capabilities, but labels would offer a much better and more complete user experience.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sharepoint Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow a user to set more default options such as connector thickness, color, and fonts + ability to select all "like" objects to format.

Allow a user to set more default options such as connector thickness, color, and fonts. Plus the ability to select all "like" objects for formatting purposes. Formatting seems to be one of the biggest bottlenecks and time wasters.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI and look & feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Data refresh with coauthoring

I would like to see a feature where when you are co-authoring documents that have an excel data source, anyone can refresh the data. At the moment, this is not possible.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visio Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. An overlay page

How about an overlay page to go in front of the foreground page. Currently items can block items on a background page, There is no way to have background items blocking foreground items.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add option to disable "snap to shape"

When using a connector between shapes the connection automatically snaps to the center of the shape (a box pops up indicating "snap to shape". There does not appear to be any way to disable this snapping other than entirely disabling snap.

I want to be able to leave other snapping enabled (e.g. snap to grid) and not have the snap automatically jump to the shape. There are options to disable other individual snapping options but not this one.

This worked fine in previous versions of Visio and makes Visio almost unusable for my application. Adding the ability to enable or…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Visio viewer

Publish an installable Visio Viewer that does not depend on Active X, Edge or OneDrive. Dependence on OneDrive limits customer usability.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix issue with opening links from diagram shapes (Ctrl key/function issue)

Lately, every shape you hover over triggers a pop-up message “Ctrl + Click to follow link”, even though there is not a link associated to a shape.

In the past, when you hovered over a shape, there would be no pop out unless there were actually hyperlinks. You would just need to click on a shape to open a hyperlink (if there was one). Now, in addition to the constant pop-up stated above, users need to click Ctrl to open a link.

We have seen this situation appear and then disappear, which is confusing to end users and an ongoing…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flowcharts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please add autosave to Visio!!!

Visio is an O365 subscription as is my OneDrive (docs and desktop are backed up and syncing). Please, for the love of God, enable the autosave of drawings to OneDrive. Why wouldn't this be the functionality to match the rest of the office apps already?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Not able to change the line width of any symbol in Electrical Engineering stencil

I earlier used Visio 2013 and was satisfied except a few problems. Then I bought the latest Professional 2019 and now am highly frustrated. Any symbol I use from the Electrical stencil has a fixed line width. I can change the line width of the connector but not the symbol/component.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Visio Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I want to insert earlier date than December 30, 1899

Use Visio to make a timeline of historical events, but the time can only start on December 30, 1899

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Diode bridge in Visio

There should be an electircal element called diode bridge. This element is used a lot in electrical circuts and it's composed of four diodes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How about Auto Save!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I lost all of my work because Microsoft cant even put auto save on their software!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. auto contour creation

I would like to pick a line or arc and drag it. While I am dragging it, contour line would be created in staggering intervals. so, the person using this would drag a line to the center of what would be cylinder or curved surface and the would see 3 lines or arcs ghost out from the copied line. The interval of the lines would be 1 unit of distance then the 2nd line would be 2 units, the 3rd would be 4 units and there would be 7 units between the last line and the final pick point. The…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Develop for Multi-Core processors

When rendering complex geometries Visio runs terribly. Modern processors are multi-core yet visio doesn't take advantage of the available processor cores nor does it take advantage of the available GPU. Visio could be so much more efficient if it were taking advantage of all of the available resources available to it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support multidimensional drawings

I frequently use Visio to create architecture diagrams for computer systems. These diagrams often have multiple levels to them and it would be helpful for Visio to represent these. For example, I'll often use a cloud shape to represent Azure or AWS and then I put shapes within it to represent services they're running. The problem is that this often leads to a busy drawing that's difficult to consume.

It would be helpful to be able to zoom in to the cloud shape and place the shapes for services within it, similar to how one can zoom in and out…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow everyone in a Microsoft Teams Channel tab to view Visio diagram

Everyone in a tenant should be able to view a visio diagram that is posted as a Microsoft Teams channel tab (or a Sharepoint page). Currently Plan 1 is required to view diagrams. Plan 1 should be required to edit/participate in a visio diagram, but not view or comment on Visio diagrams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Open separate document in new Visio window / instance

When I open a new file (using File menu), open a new Visio window/instance, like Excel, Word etc, rather than open the new document in a new window within the same instance, meaning I need to use the View window to switch between documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add wavy/sine lines/shapes

Add options for wavy/sine lines, either through line/arc tool or through shapes. Ideally, the line should be customizable both with "height" of the sine and "number" of wave. For the with, it should give the option to specify fixed number or fixed sine width when changing the line length

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base