Visio on Desktop

Welcome to the Visio on Desktop feedback forum! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.

• There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio

• When you create a new idea you will be able to pick a category. You can then filter by categories on the right sidebar. If you feel we need to add some categories please let us know.

• You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Populate flowcharts based on pictures

I create a lot of process/business workflows with butcher paper & sticky notes. It would be great if I could take a picture of what I was working on & upload it into Visio. Then, all I would have to do is check to make sure everything was correct (and edit, if needed).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flowcharts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make text in angled text boxes selectable/searchable after saving as PDF

In Visio 2016, any text box that is completely vertical or horizontal (0°, 90°, 180°, -90°) is selectable and searchable after saving as a PDF however, if the text box is at an angle other than any of the above angles, the text is not selectable or searchable after saving as a PDF.

This was possible with Visio 2010.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Floorplan/Seating chart linked to AD Users

Allow creation of interactive seating chart/floorplan so that clicking on a user at a location pops AD user info (e.g. Delve details). Allow searching for a user/printer to find location.Results could be embedded in Sharepoint page, Teams tab, etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Extensibility & API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Modernize the Visio icon

Modernize the Visio icon. All the other products have a new look and this makes the Visio icon look dated

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI and look & feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Radio built into the tv like Sirius

Put a radio that you can use and watch tv at the same time.For instance when you watch football you can listen to it on the radio but watch it on the tv but hear the radio commentators instead of tv commentators

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow For Co-Equal Partners at the Top of an Org Chart

A user should be able to generate an Org Chart with co-equal partners at the top of the structure. Allow the flexibility to set up different types of businesses through the Wizard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Gantt Charts by the hour

Make it possible to create Gantt Charts by the hour, so it is possible to enter start and end date AND time as well as Duarion in hours (e.g. 4,5h). Please!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create a native Mac OS X version

Create a native Mac OS X version

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  UI and look & feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please fix the ARP display data for Project and Visio 365

Please fix the ARP data that is displayed for Project and Visio 365. When installed, it display Visio Professional Plus 2016 instead of indicating that it's a 365 product. Causes some confusion in mixed environments with both Professional Plus 2016 and 365.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add right/left arrow buttons at each end of the Page bar, allowing scrolling through the Page tabs.

Having Arrow Buttons at each end of the Page Ribbon, allowing sideways scrolling through pages would be awesome. Often while working on Page A, I need to check something on page Q. So I open the "All box, scroll through the pages, select Q, and check out what I need, copy it, etc. Then to return to page A, I realize that page B is now the first page on the ribbon, so I have to go back to the "All" box, scroll up to A, and Select it.

If I could just "Click" on a "Left" button, or a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Excel to Visio

We are just discovering the ability to create process maps in Excel and export to Visio. This seems like it has potential to save us a lot of time.

We would like the ability to do the following:
    1. Customize the Header (Title) area
    2. Specify color for the various Function groups
    3. Add a standard shape (Divided Process) to the Shapes dropdown list
    4. Add a customer shape (Divided Subprocess) saved to More Shapes > Favorites > My Shapes to the Shapes dropdown list

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  BPMN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flowcharts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. For all Office apps, on the page where we enter our license key - it should display the version number for the software we are installing

For all Office apps, on the page where we enter our license key - it should display the version number for the software we are installing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Linux support

Support for Linux client , or make Visio online plan 2 feature compatible with Desktop client

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. non-smart

Make a non-smart TV. Make a TV that has just all the great hardware and picture quality and physical inputs, but does not have the stream or smart TV apps. Majority of people have streaming boxes (ie: roku, apple TV, firestick), cable top box that can also do streaming or is connected to a computer device. The apps on a smart TV are not updated often enough or supported through the life of the TV that it creates frustration for the consumer. Charge less for the lack of smart capabilities and lack of hardware need for the smart functions.

Otherwise…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix <include> <extend> connectors in Use Case Digs asap!

Use Case Diagrams are hard to deal with when <include> <extend> arrows/connectors work poorly. Make user orient the direction of <include> <extend> connectors i.e. let user decide the shape in which it should connect goals, not only single straight way connection should be allowed, it overlaps the goals and lines hence making dig look messy.
    Please fix this asap! People don't buy visio to frustrate themselves when using it. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Database &UML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to make existing connector dynamic/static manually

It would be useful to have the ability to change the type of an existing connector to make it dynamic or static to change from one type to another, without having to delete the connector and create a new one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow connection to SQL Server 2017 for reverse engineering databases

Currently, Visio Pro 365 (32 bit and 64 bit) does not allow connections to databases created using SQL Server 2017.

Please add this capability.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Database &UML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to set default for all new drawings

I would like to be able to set all the defaults like having the grid on, connection points on, no arrows on connectors ect so when I create a new visio drawing these are already set and set for everyone in the company.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Single Document Interface

I'm surprised that in 2019 Visio still has a Multiple-Document Interface. Could we please move to a Single-Document Interface? The MDI is confusing and frustrating. It would be so much more productive to be able to arrange multiple Visio instances as you like without being constrained to a single instance approach and to be able to see them on the Taskbar.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base