Visio on Desktop

Welcome to the Visio on Desktop feedback forum! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.

• There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio

• When you create a new idea you will be able to pick a category. You can then filter by categories on the right sidebar. If you feel we need to add some categories please let us know.

• You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

Help us make Visio more Awesome!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Task Relationship Types in the GANTT Chart Template

Currently the template only allows for Finish-Start relationships between tasks. In reality, there are 3 other link types that are not available in Visio (Start-Finish, Start-Start, Finish-Finish). While Finish-Start links are the most common, the absence of the other link types really limits the functionality of the Visio GANTT Template.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to change use or change or create custom report templates

If you generate a report to HTML or Excel you are stuck with a default format. It would be good to be able to create and use a custom template.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add cosine wave in the waveform generator

The current waveform generator available in the shapes allows us to draw one period of a sine wave.
    Sometimes, we want to create graphs with sine waves, but maybe a cosine, and maybe not one entire period. Currently, to do so, we have to use the current shape and hide the parts not wanted with white rectangles... This is a bit annoying and not very clean.

It would be nice to be able to have as a shape :
    - a cosine over one period
    - a cosine/sine over half a period
    - a cosine/sine over a quarter a period

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Network Diagram Connector

Please make a connector for network diagrams that has multiple text fields that are pinned at the beginning, middle, and end of the connector. This will be used when drawing network connections where the middle text box shows the cable/connection ID, and each end shows the port number.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dealcliq | best online store

dealcliq.com provides you the amazing collection of products. You an get the latest techonology products on dealcliq.com, Pay Online and Get your products delivered on doorsteps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix vertical axis zero on page orientation change

The default for a page layout if landscape. The first page has its origin in the lower left corner. However, when changing the page layout to portrait, it is not the lower left corner that is pinned, but the upper left corner. As such, the vertical axis zero is always somewhere around the middle of a portrait page.
    Please fix this, such that the vertical axis zero is always on a page boundary, whatever orientation is selected.
    (In case it matters, I am using A3 paper size.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Active User Report

Please provide an Active User Report similar to the main O365 components (EXO, SPO, etc…) that displays the “Last Activity Date” for a user. This helps us track our user adoption. It also will allow us to track who is no longer using their license so we can redistribute them to different users.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hello there, in visio file single line diagram, when i export it to pdf format, it says "the file is open in another program".

Hello there, in visio file single line diagram, when i export it to pdf format, it says "the file is open in another program". And it is not open in any other program. And it is happening with all drawings I have. Please do me any solution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Would be realy usefull to able to scroll sideways like up and down with the mouse

To scroll up or down you rotate the IntelliMouse wheel forward or backward.
    What would be nice in Visio and OneNote is to able to scroll any direction by dragging the page using Ctrl key and the mouse lift key.
    To be able to move quick on a large diagram without involving horizontal/vertical scroll bar.
    That would be great. Some of my drawing consist of 9 A3 pages. you could imagine trying to scroll to find and object./

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide an "upgrade licence option"

After using visio standard edition for a while I decided I would like to try the features from professional, however found the only way to access these features was to outright by professional, as the sole visio user in my company taking this path would mean I am sat on a license for a product I would never use and it's quite an expensive license to not utilise.

It would make more sense to allow me to pay the license cost difference between standard and professional and have my current license upgraded to professional (or have it replaced)

I cannot…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Paste Hyperlink from Excel breaks Visio

Steps to reproduce:
    Create Data in Excel, and Copy to clipboard.
    Paste Special into Visio, Select Hyperlink option to link to the Excel data in clipboard. Verify that changing the data in Excel is reflected in Visio document.
    Create a text box in the Visio Document, Attempt to change the size of the font. A "Microsoft Visio Security Notice" Window Appears, with the options to Update Links or Cancel.
    At this point, the document can no longer effectivly be modified.

This was discovered with Office & Visio 2019 (permanent Licence)
    It has also been reproduced in 2016 and 2013 versions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Addition of a trim function to trim arcs, elipses and and lines. Consider too ability to trim a patterened area.

Addition of a trim function to trim arcs, elipses and and lines. Consider too ability to trim a patterened areas.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Visio part of Office suite

Please make Visio part of every Office suite as it is one of the 4 most essential programs (Word for writing, Excel for calculating, PowerPoint for presenting and Visio for drawing).

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix Data Visualizer so it does not redraw diagrams when you add a data graphics field

I love the ability to link an Excel spreadsheet to a Visio Data Visualizer (Cross Functional Flowchart). It's great for assembling roadmap visuals from spreadsheet data. The problem is that after I align the objects on the chart within their lane, if I add a data graphic field, all of my layout changes are thrown out and the chart is scrambled.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add shapes for Cellular Network entities like, HLR, VLR, MSC, SGSN, HSS, MME, GGSN, etc. Do not see these in current Visio 2016 shapes.

Add shapes for Cellular Network entities like, HLR, VLR, MSC, SGSN, HSS, MME, GGSN, STP, SCP, SSP, eNB, etc. Do not see these in current Visio 2016 shapes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When I insert a picture in the format zhpeg or png in the file Vise, the quality of this picture is lost. It becomes very blurry. The pictur

Hi! When I insert a picture in the file Visio (format of picture - jpg, png, bmp ...), the quality of this picture is lost. It becomes very blurry. The picture is compressed. How to make the picture does not lose the original quality? Thank you! )

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve embedding Visio in rest of office suite

Make it easier to embed/copy/paste Visio diagrams into other Office suite documents (and generally in Windows), without the file sizes ballooning.

Usually the best way is to save as .jpg and insert the .jpg file which is a lot of effort, and doesn't always print well

An "save as" PPTX capability (saving all the pages as non-editable pictures) would also be useful--with controls on page layout, use of an existing PowerPoint Template/master etc.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Data Visualizer to Visio 2016

Is there a plan to add Data Visualizer to Visio 2016 too? Right now it looks like it is only available for Visio Pro for Office 365. Thanks!

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base