Visio on Desktop

Welcome to the Visio on Desktop feedback forum! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.

• There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio

• When you create a new idea you will be able to pick a category. You can then filter by categories on the right sidebar. If you feel we need to add some categories please let us know.

• You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to classify, label and protect Visio diagrams with Microsoft Information Protection sensitivity labels

Word, PowerPoint, Excel and several third party applications support MIP labels to flag the sensitivity and confidentiality of a document, apply protection and enforce display of content markings.
    Visio diagrams include just as much sensitive information as these other document formats, and users should be able to label them in the same way with a consistent user experience. Visio already supports the older RMS protection capabilities, but labels would offer a much better and more complete user experience.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Sharepoint Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Data refresh with coauthoring

I would like to see a feature where when you are co-authoring documents that have an excel data source, anyone can refresh the data. At the moment, this is not possible.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visio Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow a user to set more default options such as connector thickness, color, and fonts + ability to select all "like" objects to format.

Allow a user to set more default options such as connector thickness, color, and fonts. Plus the ability to select all "like" objects for formatting purposes. Formatting seems to be one of the biggest bottlenecks and time wasters.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI and look & feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. An overlay page

How about an overlay page to go in front of the foreground page. Currently items can block items on a background page, There is no way to have background items blocking foreground items.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add option to disable "snap to shape"

When using a connector between shapes the connection automatically snaps to the center of the shape (a box pops up indicating "snap to shape". There does not appear to be any way to disable this snapping other than entirely disabling snap.

I want to be able to leave other snapping enabled (e.g. snap to grid) and not have the snap automatically jump to the shape. There are options to disable other individual snapping options but not this one.

This worked fine in previous versions of Visio and makes Visio almost unusable for my application. Adding the ability to enable or…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add autosave to Visio!!!

Visio is an O365 subscription as is my OneDrive (docs and desktop are backed up and syncing). Please, for the love of God, enable the autosave of drawings to OneDrive. Why wouldn't this be the functionality to match the rest of the office apps already?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Not able to change the line width of any symbol in Electrical Engineering stencil

I earlier used Visio 2013 and was satisfied except a few problems. Then I bought the latest Professional 2019 and now am highly frustrated. Any symbol I use from the Electrical stencil has a fixed line width. I can change the line width of the connector but not the symbol/component.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Visio Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I want to insert earlier date than December 30, 1899

Use Visio to make a timeline of historical events, but the time can only start on December 30, 1899

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support multidimensional drawings

I frequently use Visio to create architecture diagrams for computer systems. These diagrams often have multiple levels to them and it would be helpful for Visio to represent these. For example, I'll often use a cloud shape to represent Azure or AWS and then I put shapes within it to represent services they're running. The problem is that this often leads to a busy drawing that's difficult to consume.

It would be helpful to be able to zoom in to the cloud shape and place the shapes for services within it, similar to how one can zoom in and out…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add wavy/sine lines/shapes

Add options for wavy/sine lines, either through line/arc tool or through shapes. Ideally, the line should be customizable both with "height" of the sine and "number" of wave. For the with, it should give the option to specify fixed number or fixed sine width when changing the line length

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include on ribbon the boolean operations, i.e. union, intersect, combine etc. It's a nuisance to do manually, prob. since Visio 2010.

Include on ribbon the boolean operations, i.e. union, intersect, combine etc. It's a nuisance to do manually, prob. since Visio 2010.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Diode bridge in Visio

There should be an electircal element called diode bridge. This element is used a lot in electrical circuts and it's composed of four diodes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide the Crime Scene Investigation template in Japanese

The Crime Scene Investigation template for Visio is currently available in the US. It would be great if the template would be available in Japanese

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Decision Model and Notation (DMN)

The following is taken from https://www.omg.org/dmn/

DMN is a modeling language and notation for the precise specification of business decisions and business rules. DMN is easily readable by the different types of people involved in decision management. These include: business people who specify the rules and monitor their application; business analysts.

DMN is designed to work alongside BPMN and/or CMMN, providing a mechanism to model the decision-making associated with processes and cases. While BPMN, CMMN and DMN can be used independently, they were carefully designed to be complementary. Indeed, many organizations require a combination of process models for their prescriptive…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flowcharts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Customer Journey Map to the available template

Add the Customer Journey Map template and elements to capture the customer experience, expectation, objective and interaction with the company business processes. This can be linked to the company process modelled in BPMN

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make connection to Excel tables better. Changes to the table will often break down the link.

Make connection to Excel tables better. Changes to the table will often break down the link.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add support for tables

Tables would be great for adding in lots of configuration data of resources to tidy up a mixed HLD LLD architecture diagram

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Paste Special

I always need to 'paste special' Paste as text for massive diagrams. Please give me some kind of quick key to do it automatically!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make Visio user-friendly by making it similar to the likes of vector editing tools

We engineers use this a lot for adding complex circuit diagrams in documents. The reason Visio is useful is because it can be embedded directly into office documents. But the problem is that I find Visio extremely outdated in usability (which is why I'm making the effort to voice my frustration here). .

Firstly, making a line is so difficult - the line is either straight or a circular arc. There's no (easy) way to make arcs of other types.

It is very difficult to draw up things - adding points to existing lines and manipulating them is difficult

Locking…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Co-authoring in Visio desktop client

At this time (august 2020) co-authoring in Visio is only possible in the web client. It would be great if this would work in the desktop client as well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base