Visio on Desktop

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Visio on Desktop feedback forum! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.

• There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio

• When you create a new idea you will be able to pick a category. You can then filter by categories on the right sidebar. If you feel we need to add some categories please let us know.

• You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. visio viewer

“Publish an installable standalone Visio Viewer that does not depend on Active X, web browser or OneDrive. Dependence on
    -OneDrive limits end-user usability
    -Web browser limits resolution and movement around larger documents”

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto Save files in SharePoint or One Drive

Please provide the option to Auto Save Visio files when saved in SharePoint or One Drive. (Like every other MS file-type)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Sharepoint Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create Female Icons

As a male PhD student studying cybersecurity, I am making a scientific research poster in Visio 2019 and am looking for icons to represent a user in a cloud computing system. The user in "Web and Media Icons" is what I am looking for, but I cannot help to notice the figure appears male. In fact, most of the people shapes represent a "generic" person that seems to be male. It would be nice to see some female representation in the icon dataset.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I tried to use this but it threw my suggestion away.

I don't know what user voice is. I tried to use it and it dumped me. My suggestion is "Give us some customer support by people with a telephone that speak my language." You guys used to have the best applications in the world, but you have ruined them with ribbons and unnecessary crap like 'User Voice'. I have used Office and Visio for decades and now I spent a lot of money and got something I can barely use. The user interface is just awful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Wellness products australia

Buy all kinds of travel products that help one stay healthy and improves your health from within. We offer a wide range of health or wellness travel products at a pocket-friendly price and with the best offers. For more info and services about visit travel aids australia.

https://obbomed.com.au/product-category/wellness-travel/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mobility Aids For Elders

Obbomed is the leading brand of mobility and accessories including the wheelchairs supported products etc. We are the best services provider in mobility aids for elders. For get the assistance and services you can contact with us.

https://obbomed.com.au/product-category/daily-living-aids-medical/daily-living-aids-medical-mobility/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Org Chart Pictures: More flexibility for Assignments

A) When adding pictures to an org chart, currently the org chart ignores the input of the column provided as a key for the pictures and always selects the "name" to find the respective picture.

https://i.imgur.com/vbchI0t.png (see column selection which does not influence the behaviour)

B) Please allow multiple people to have the same picture. This may be useful e.g. when giving people the same picture based on a certain parameter e.g. cat lovers vs. dog lovers / ... this can be useful to display information for the whole org chart in a simple way.

orgchart #org #chart #pictures #duplicate

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Org Chart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3D walkthrough

Hello I would be great to be able to have a 3D walkthrough of my Visio floor plan (though the import from CAD is terrible) like is available by that Visio company.

If I can use this for floor plan in my 3D sharepoint space that would be amazing too.

now if only there was a InfoPath Online/Power App, that would be perfect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sharepoint Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Software Development Company in Delhi

Looking for the best software development company or find a company and agency which gives the services in software platforms or makes the good software in reasonable cost. Contact Avenir digital stories is one of the best options in the software development company.

https://www.digitalstories.co.in/software-development

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Visio Database Relationship Connect to Column

It would be really useful to have the ability to show database connections on the diagram directly to the column this allows users viewing the documentation to directly see the connections without having to click each table

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Database &UML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Want to report a bug with Visio to PDF

When in the new build (Version 2103 (Build 13901.20312)), you want to create a PDF from a larger drawing the scale is messed up. It set the X/Y to 5080 mm by 5080 mm and have a pickpoint in the upperleft corner zoomd in, so the lower part and right part of the drawing is not visible.
    For now I revert back to an earlier version of MS office (Version 2102 (Build 13801.20360)) where the drawing is convert to PDF wright.
    Although, in the newer version there was a bugfix for a other problem with Visio. So I would like…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visio Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Edit or at least view Plan 2 files in Plan 1

You currently cannot work on a file in Plan 2 and open it in Plan 1 or from OneDrive online. This causes issues when you have users across both plans since they cant work together.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Edit or at least view Plan 2 files in Plan 1

You currently cannot work on a file in Plan 2 and open it in Plan 1 or from OneDrive online. This causes issues when you have users across both plans since they cant work together.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Not every org chart requires a photo!

Bring back the plain org chart shapes. Not every org chart requires a photo, i.e. during reorgs and restructuring. We need plain org chart boxes too!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Org Chart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Let it be a stand alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've done diagrams for a long time and to have to be logged in in order to run the application while on site is just not reasonable. In fact it blows!!! What do I do while on site? Take out my paper and pencil and make a drawing that I can later have to try and replicate when I can get online. Com on MS, take your head out of your ass!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visio Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make visio licensing more flexible

Viewing visio files should be free for all with an official viewer.

Plan 2 currently is a per user model.
    Please also provide a concurrent per seat model

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make importing excel workflows more user friendly

Add Data Visualizer to Visio Pro 2019, in order to allow clean Excel data imports. Right now, the Quick and Custom import functions are useless.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flowcharts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stopping Automatic Behavior of Lanes and Pools in VISIO BPMN Template

According to the BPMN 2.x standard, pools and lanes are two different things; I want Visio to treat them as such. Visio 2019 or 2020 (whatever the current version is) draws no distinction between pools and lanes; they're both Visio containers. If I place a pool on top of a lane, Visio wraps them both in a container that's a pool; it treats both the lane and the pool as lanes. If I drop a lane onto a pool, Visio treats them both as lanes and wraps them in a pool. If I drop a pool on top of a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  BPMN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please make the reverse engineering capability work with MS Access

Please make the reverse engineering capability work with MS Access, AS IS STATED AS POSSIBLE ON YOUR WEBSITE :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/reverse-engineer-an-existing-database-into-a-database-model-fb034862-acfc-45bc-88b2-f33d1e1f8614

Or refund my money for upgrading to Visio 2019 to get this capability based on reading you website. How uncool is this? Answer: VERY

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Database &UML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base