Visio on Desktop

Welcome to the Visio on Desktop feedback forum! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.

• There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio

• When you create a new idea you will be able to pick a category. You can then filter by categories on the right sidebar. If you feel we need to add some categories please let us know.

• You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make importing excel workflows more user friendly

Add Data Visualizer to Visio Pro 2019, in order to allow clean Excel data imports. Right now, the Quick and Custom import functions are useless.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flowcharts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stopping Automatic Behavior of Lanes and Pools in VISIO BPMN Template

According to the BPMN 2.x standard, pools and lanes are two different things; I want Visio to treat them as such. Visio 2019 or 2020 (whatever the current version is) draws no distinction between pools and lanes; they're both Visio containers. If I place a pool on top of a lane, Visio wraps them both in a container that's a pool; it treats both the lane and the pool as lanes. If I drop a lane onto a pool, Visio treats them both as lanes and wraps them in a pool. If I drop a pool on top of a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  BPMN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please make the reverse engineering capability work with MS Access

Please make the reverse engineering capability work with MS Access, AS IS STATED AS POSSIBLE ON YOUR WEBSITE :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/reverse-engineer-an-existing-database-into-a-database-model-fb034862-acfc-45bc-88b2-f33d1e1f8614

Or refund my money for upgrading to Visio 2019 to get this capability based on reading you website. How uncool is this? Answer: VERY

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Database &UML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please make the reverse engineering capability work with MS Access, as stated on your website

Please make the reverse engineering capability work with MS Access, as stated on your website :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/reverse-engineer-an-existing-database-into-a-database-model-fb034862-acfc-45bc-88b2-f33d1e1f8614

Or refund my money for upgrading to Visio 2019 to get this capability based on reading you website. How uncool is this? Answer: VERY

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Visio Database Relationship Connect to Column

It would be really useful to have the ability to show database connections on the diagram directly to the column this allows users viewing the documentation to directly see the connections without having to click each table

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Clear Instruction on How to Open for new users

When purchasing Plan 1 Visio, the email includes the link to the account dashboard. Nowhere in the email or on the dashboard provides information on how to actually access the software. Clicking a small 9-dot icon to open the list is not intuitive, and should be made clear. Please support your new users more effectively

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. While Visio 2013 is open Windows 10 taskbar pops up and down every few seconds

On Windows 10 1909, using Office 365 (latest version), Visio 2013 open, with the taskbar set to auto hide. Randomly, the taskbar will bouncing up and down but there is nothing for the app to do. It's not flashing to save or anything like that. I have forced a save but taskbar will continue to bounce until Visio is closed. Once Visio is closed the behavior stops.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Online education learning

We aim to teach the Best way to learn Quran Online with the Best Online Quran Teachers. https://quranonlinecourses.blogspot.com/2021/01/basics-of-quran-to-learn-to-recite.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visio Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Include the SI symbols for electrical switches etc under Engineering, Switches and Relays.

Some of the timer symboils line up with the SI symbols and some seem to operate reverse to what is labelled.
    The switches should have a symbol representing what actuates them. The Pushbutton switches do not show the actuating symbol for a push button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Be able to upgrade to Professional from Standard at a reduced price

It would be great to be able to upgrade from Visio Standard to Professional at a reduced price. Or have the ability to purchase or download symbols, stencils, and shapes for the standard version without having to pay $530 for something you already have but with a few more features you may use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I suggest that Microsoft returns the embedded object "Microsoft Equation" to Visio Pro 2019

Microsoft Equation Object has no more been embedded in Visio Pro 2019. Actually, we and many users still need this object. We ask Microsoft to return it. We have been using it along the previous time with the former Visio editions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make an organization chart template without pictures

It would be great if there was an organization chart template that didn't include pictures. More room for text and gets rid of that useless space.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Org Chart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add equations

Add equations and fire the guys who removed math. Problem solved, perfect product. The team behind math tool removers can you tell me? How should I add any indexed text or very basic math operations?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A report to show usage of the app when last accessed how often if it has been used to manage licence costs and availability

A report to show usage of the app when last accessed how often if it has been used to manage licence costs and availability to aid re-allocation of licences would be good

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please add layer properties to the task pane or anchor the Layers Property dialog box

There is nothing more frustrating than working with layers and dealing with a popup window every time I have to change a layer property. It would make sense to make it a task pane that stays open. Or just make it an anchored dialog box that allows editing in the background while open. Additionally, the current size popup window limits the view of a heavily layered document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI and look & feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable Search within custom stencils accessible for non-US English locales

Hi,

It appears that Search functionality in custom stencils works only if stencil's locale is set to "English (United States)" and visio document is set with "US Units".

This is limiting the Search results from custom stencils.

Can this issue be fixed?

Thanks,
    Mahesh.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Extensibility & API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support @mentions in visio review comments

Support @mentions in visio review comments

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change object size with keyboard shortcut

Be able to change the size of an Object with a keystroke. Some software uses Shift+Arrow, but this is already used in Visio. Choose a shortcut, and we will get used to it!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI and look & feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make it possible to select multiple objects/shapes and be able to assign a container to them individually.

I asked the community the following: How can I select multiple shapes in visio and assign a container to each one (the same style of container btw).

So far I can only see the option to select either 1 object and assign it a container or select multiple objects (shapes) and assign them all to one container.

Is it possible?

I'm using visio professional version 1902, using a Surface Pro.

I received a response from a MS contact stating it is not possible and that I should suggest it here.

thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base