Visio on Desktop

Welcome to the Visio on Desktop feedback forum! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.

• There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio

• When you create a new idea you will be able to pick a category. You can then filter by categories on the right sidebar. If you feel we need to add some categories please let us know.

• You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support multidimensional drawings

I frequently use Visio to create architecture diagrams for computer systems. These diagrams often have multiple levels to them and it would be helpful for Visio to represent these. For example, I'll often use a cloud shape to represent Azure or AWS and then I put shapes within it to represent services they're running. The problem is that this often leads to a busy drawing that's difficult to consume.

It would be helpful to be able to zoom in to the cloud shape and place the shapes for services within it, similar to how one can zoom in and out…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI and look & feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add wavy/sine lines/shapes

Add options for wavy/sine lines, either through line/arc tool or through shapes. Ideally, the line should be customizable both with "height" of the sine and "number" of wave. For the with, it should give the option to specify fixed number or fixed sine width when changing the line length

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add support for tables

Tables would be great for adding in lots of configuration data of resources to tidy up a mixed HLD LLD architecture diagram

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Diode bridge in Visio

There should be an electircal element called diode bridge. This element is used a lot in electrical circuts and it's composed of four diodes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add scrollbars or make all dialogs resizable

Make all dialogs resizable. Some dialogs, for example "modelling preferences", don't show all the content on hi-res displays nor showing scrollbars. I'm completely unable to access them unless I set screen scaling to 100% and make things so small I can't read anything... This makes the software useless for now. :/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add autosave to Visio!!!

Visio is an O365 subscription as is my OneDrive (docs and desktop are backed up and syncing). Please, for the love of God, enable the autosave of drawings to OneDrive. Why wouldn't this be the functionality to match the rest of the office apps already?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide the Crime Scene Investigation template in Japanese

The Crime Scene Investigation template for Visio is currently available in the US. It would be great if the template would be available in Japanese

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow a user to set more default options such as connector thickness, color, and fonts + ability to select all "like" objects to format.

Allow a user to set more default options such as connector thickness, color, and fonts. Plus the ability to select all "like" objects for formatting purposes. Formatting seems to be one of the biggest bottlenecks and time wasters.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unify precision shape/object movement keyboard shortcuts between PowerPoint & Visio

PowerPoint & Visio folks, Could you work together to unify the key presses for precision movements for shapes? In PowerPoint it is Ctrl+right/left arrows whereas in Visio it is Shift+right/left arrows.

My preference would be for Visio to update with Ctrl+...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow zoom in shapes pane

On high res monitors the shapes are very small. Either use DPI settings or let users zoom the shapes pane.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. pdf to vision

It will be very helpful for us if we have an option to convert PDF format to visio format.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visio Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add C4 support

Add C4 support. In our architecture diagrams we want to be able to navigate by zoom in, zoom out like in BingMaps!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Photorealistic Shapes

It would be more attractive in the software to update the photorealistic icon shapes, so the diagrams have a relevant and professional visual impact, similar to how it does ConceptDraw DIAGRAM.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. allow color by data to color a shape based on the value of a linked cell rather than a row

allow color by data to color a shape based on the value of a linked cell rather than a row

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Org Chart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Timelines scaling and auto line-up

If you have more then 1 time-line in a drawing have an option to automatically align the time line i.e. if 1jan2020 is in one time line and as well in the other those dates align Horizontally (or ask via pop up at what date they should align). That brings me to my second point scaling, if you have more than 1 time line where size it that a year is (e.g.) 1inch long, there should be apply to other time line option so that the other selected time-line years are also 1 inch long

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Update printing to fill as much paper space as possible (multipage too)

As visio user I want to be able to print my diagrams over several pages with maximum magnification.
    Current state: Now it's time consuming operation to move diagram and check magnification and move print check again.
    Expected: I specify how many pages I could give for printing and visio automatically adjust zoom, paper orientation, diagram position, may be diagram rotation and slight reordering to make prints looks better.

Explanation:
    Orientation - Some diagrams looks better on horizontal page orientation, some on vertical.
    Zoom level: Now zoom function is unified and very simple. But for better printing (and may be layout)…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. pdf export checkout

VISIO + SHP: Would be great if the Export to PDF function would be available without checkout, as it is in all other Office applications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sharepoint Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide an option to change the font size IN the shapesheet windows

The ShapeSheet windows use a tiny font with cells just big enough for that font. That font is very tiny and difficult for my older eyes to see. I would like to be able to resize that font (and the cells) without having to change the screen resolution. Changing the screen resolution would reduce the size of everything else on the screen. I can zoom into my drawing if something is too small. I cannot zoom in for the ShapeSheet windows, and that's the ONE thing that's too small.
    Please provide an option for the user to specify the font…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Offer Microsoft PowerPoint format as Export option

Users are frequently torn between making diagrams in PowerPoint vs. Visio, because Visio is much more powerful, but end users can't edit them once the image is transferred to PPT. It would be extremely useful to be able to make a diagram in Visio and export it as an editable PPT/PPTX file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Existing ideas

Allideasthatpertain

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base