Visio on Desktop

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Visio on Desktop feedback forum! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.

• There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio

• When you create a new idea you will be able to pick a category. You can then filter by categories on the right sidebar. If you feel we need to add some categories please let us know.

• You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Visio easier to get and install

I couldn't add visio to my office 365 home account. I had to create a business account, even though I'm not a business. I couldn't install Visio on the PC I wanted to because my office was installed with an "MSI" and so Visio pro subscription cannot be installed. I can't uninstall office because of the license I have I need to use the license given to me. Installing Visio on a different computer won't give me access to the connections I need access to. Microsoft makes it impossible. I'm looking for Visio alternatives, but there not as good but…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clear Instruction on How to Open for new users

When purchasing Plan 1 Visio, the email includes the link to the account dashboard. Nowhere in the email or on the dashboard provides information on how to actually access the software. Clicking a small 9-dot icon to open the list is not intuitive, and should be made clear. Please support your new users more effectively

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. While Visio 2013 is open Windows 10 taskbar pops up and down every few seconds

On Windows 10 1909, using Office 365 (latest version), Visio 2013 open, with the taskbar set to auto hide. Randomly, the taskbar will bouncing up and down but there is nothing for the app to do. It's not flashing to save or anything like that. I have forced a save but taskbar will continue to bounce until Visio is closed. Once Visio is closed the behavior stops.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Be able to upgrade to Professional from Standard at a reduced price

It would be great to be able to upgrade from Visio Standard to Professional at a reduced price. Or have the ability to purchase or download symbols, stencils, and shapes for the standard version without having to pay $530 for something you already have but with a few more features you may use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A report to show usage of the app when last accessed how often if it has been used to manage licence costs and availability

A report to show usage of the app when last accessed how often if it has been used to manage licence costs and availability to aid re-allocation of licences would be good

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support @mentions in visio review comments

Support @mentions in visio review comments

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ShapeSheet search

While in ShapeSheet, allow the user to open a search dialog box via right-click menu or CTRL+F. The search would allow for the parameter name, formula, or Values.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Azure and AWS stencils available on Visio desktop

Visio online has updated Azure and AWS stencils, but they are not available for the desktop version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. allow a part of a grouped Master to avoid being scaled with the rest of the Group

Please fix the bug or oversight that does not allow a part of a grouped Master to avoid being scaled with the rest of the Group

When I "group" any protected shapes with other shapes, their protections are overridden. For example, if the protected shape is in a group, and I scale the group size, the "protected" shape scales. (!!)

This was confirmed by MS here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficevisio-msowin10-mso_o365b/keep-a-shapes-protections-when-shape-is-in-a-group/63ea69f3-3859-40ce-a0ff-ab85be306e1d

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. auto contour creation

I would like to pick a line or arc and drag it. While I am dragging it, contour line would be created in staggering intervals. so, the person using this would drag a line to the center of what would be cylinder or curved surface and the would see 3 lines or arcs ghost out from the copied line. The interval of the lines would be 1 unit of distance then the 2nd line would be 2 units, the 3rd would be 4 units and there would be 7 units between the last line and the final pick point. The…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow everyone in a Microsoft Teams Channel tab to view Visio diagram

Everyone in a tenant should be able to view a visio diagram that is posted as a Microsoft Teams channel tab (or a Sharepoint page). Currently Plan 1 is required to view diagrams. Plan 1 should be required to edit/participate in a visio diagram, but not view or comment on Visio diagrams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. visio viewer

“Publish an installable standalone Visio Viewer that does not depend on Active X, web browser or OneDrive. Dependence on
    -OneDrive limits end-user usability
    -Web browser limits resolution and movement around larger documents”

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Visio viewer

Publish an installable Visio Viewer that does not depend on Active X, Edge or OneDrive. Dependence on OneDrive limits customer usability.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I suggest you add the ability to set line jump based on line type, not just orientation, Horizontal/Vertical

When drawing process diagrams the line types used have a hierarchy of importance. So when a top level line( a process line) crosses a lower level line( an instrument line) the line jump setting should be able to force the lower level line to always jump the higher level line.
    Currently you can only set to jump vertical lines or jump horizontal lines

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Customer Journey Map to the available template

Add the Customer Journey Map template and elements to capture the customer experience, expectation, objective and interaction with the company business processes. This can be linked to the company process modelled in BPMN

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make Visio user-friendly by making it similar to the likes of vector editing tools

We engineers use this a lot for adding complex circuit diagrams in documents. The reason Visio is useful is because it can be embedded directly into office documents. But the problem is that I find Visio extremely outdated in usability (which is why I'm making the effort to voice my frustration here). .

Firstly, making a line is so difficult - the line is either straight or a circular arc. There's no (easy) way to make arcs of other types.

It is very difficult to draw up things - adding points to existing lines and manipulating them is difficult

Locking…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Co-authoring in Visio desktop client

At this time (august 2020) co-authoring in Visio is only possible in the web client. It would be great if this would work in the desktop client as well

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Not listed among Office applications

I have 2 seperate Licenses for 'Office-2019 Pro and 'Visio'.

Visio is not included among the Office applicaitons. It was listed among them before. It sisappeaed following some updates, I do not which.
    Can make it visible?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add wavy/sine lines/shapes

Add options for wavy/sine lines, either through line/arc tool or through shapes. Ideally, the line should be customizable both with "height" of the sine and "number" of wave. For the with, it should give the option to specify fixed number or fixed sine width when changing the line length

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base