Visio on Desktop

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Visio on Desktop feedback forum! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.

• There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio

• When you create a new idea you will be able to pick a category. You can then filter by categories on the right sidebar. If you feel we need to add some categories please let us know.

• You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offer Visio 365 as a non-commercial add-on to Office 365 Home and Personal

Offer Visio 365 as a non-commercial add-on to Office 365 Home and Personal. Many non-commercial users will enjoy using Visio for school projects, home business presentations, and personal planning.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Visio Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Data refresh with coauthoring

I would like to see a feature where when you are co-authoring documents that have an excel data source, anyone can refresh the data. At the moment, this is not possible.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visio Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share/ collaborate in drawing

Allow to share a drawing between mutliple users so they can collaborate and edit a document together (like in Word, Excel, Powerpoint).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Visio Electrical Circuit diagram symbols should conform to the NEC codes as published by the NFPA.

Visio 16 Professional: The Electrical Circuit symbols do not conform to the NEC codes as published by the NFPA.

Please change the symbols to conform to those standards. Otherwise, Visio is useless. We have to turn to other software.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Visio Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Visio for Office 365 Home

Please add the ability to add Visio to the Office 365 Home subscription service. I use Visio for multiple personal projects and would like to be able to integrate them with other Microsoft products, Word and Powerpoint. Otherwise you will be losing a customer and I will find another alternative. I do not care that much for Google Docs it does allow me to integrate with the Drawing application and it is free.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Locked Layers in Visio Services

Do not allow selections of shapes on Locked Layers in Visio Services.

Seems inconsistent that in Visio you have the ability to prevent the selection of shapes that are on a Locked layer, but this behaviour is not carried through into Visio Services.

There are shapes that we lock in Visio from selection for a reason - would be good to have the same in the browser.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. data graphics default

I would like a way of setting the default data graphics in Visio. So I can turn off and on linked data.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I suggest you return the reverse engineering tool to all Visio users (not only online versions).

Return the reverse engineering tool to MS Visio as an add-in for non-Online customers...please.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add symbols and models

Please add the symbols and 3D models you can insert in Word as shapes in Visio.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Incorporate "Dragon NaturallySpeaking Nuance" for mapping and facilitating in real-time.

Allow user customization for how you conduct the session, e.g. "Process, text . . ., decision, text" etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide column and row filtering for SharePoint Lists using Data Selector, just like Excel

The Data Selector for Excel and Access allows for row filtering and column selection. This should be allowed for SharePoint Lists too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Offer full Mobile support for Visio Services

Currently mobile rendering is not suited for mobile resolution screens. Allows consumers to have a better viewing experience of diagrams on their mobile devices without having to view in desktop mode.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Visio Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Not able to change the line width of any symbol in Electrical Engineering stencil

I earlier used Visio 2013 and was satisfied except a few problems. Then I bought the latest Professional 2019 and now am highly frustrated. Any symbol I use from the Electrical stencil has a fixed line width. I can change the line width of the connector but not the symbol/component.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Visio Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Paint 3D

Intigrate Paint 3D functions in Visio so users can create/ insert 3D models (inserting like in Word but as a shape).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Want to report a bug with Visio to PDF

When in the new build (Version 2103 (Build 13901.20312)), you want to create a PDF from a larger drawing the scale is messed up. It set the X/Y to 5080 mm by 5080 mm and have a pickpoint in the upperleft corner zoomd in, so the lower part and right part of the drawing is not visible.
    For now I revert back to an earlier version of MS office (Version 2102 (Build 13801.20360)) where the drawing is convert to PDF wright.
    Although, in the newer version there was a bugfix for a other problem with Visio. So I would like…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Let it be a stand alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've done diagrams for a long time and to have to be logged in in order to run the application while on site is just not reasonable. In fact it blows!!! What do I do while on site? Take out my paper and pencil and make a drawing that I can later have to try and replicate when I can get online. Com on MS, take your head out of your ass!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Online education learning

We aim to teach the Best way to learn Quran Online with the Best Online Quran Teachers. https://quranonlinecourses.blogspot.com/2021/01/basics-of-quran-to-learn-to-recite.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Include the SI symbols for electrical switches etc under Engineering, Switches and Relays.

Some of the timer symboils line up with the SI symbols and some seem to operate reverse to what is labelled.
    The switches should have a symbol representing what actuates them. The Pushbutton switches do not show the actuating symbol for a push button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make it possible to select multiple objects/shapes and be able to assign a container to them individually.

I asked the community the following: How can I select multiple shapes in visio and assign a container to each one (the same style of container btw).

So far I can only see the option to select either 1 object and assign it a container or select multiple objects (shapes) and assign them all to one container.

Is it possible?

I'm using visio professional version 1902, using a Surface Pro.

I received a response from a MS contact stating it is not possible and that I should suggest it here.

thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. pdf to vision

It will be very helpful for us if we have an option to convert PDF format to visio format.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base