Visio on Desktop

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Visio on Desktop feedback forum! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.

• There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio

• When you create a new idea you will be able to pick a category. You can then filter by categories on the right sidebar. If you feel we need to add some categories please let us know.

• You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Visio part of Office suite

Please make Visio part of every Office suite as it is one of the 4 most essential programs (Word for writing, Excel for calculating, PowerPoint for presenting and Visio for drawing).

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bundle Visio Pro in Business and Enterprise Office 365 Bundles (such as E3)

The only way to get Visio Pro for Office 365 is to add on a single license that costs more than the entire Office suite combined. I'd suggest bundling Visio in the ProPlus and E3 (and higher) Office 365 bundles. Visio used to be a pretty standard software application for businesses. Don't treat it as if it's not part of the same suite, at least not for the larger bundles.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Online store support for Visio shapes, templates, add-ons, add-ins

I was surprised to not see this in the list as every MVP conference I have been to this has been a topic of discussion. Whether for monetization or not, Visio users need a central location to find content for Visio. This includes shapes, stencils, templates, sample diagrams, shared community diagrams, add-ons, add-ins, etc. I would link this with the Apps for Office model but the framework that would support this feature and the framework that would support the Apps for Office feature are probably to different.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Sandeep S responded

Now we have 3rd party partner templates and sample diagram show up in the backstage via template store. We’ve also added a brand new Education category for creating content relevant to schools or for gamifying education. We are working on Visio add-on catalog and a Shape search / discovery / download for the partner content ecosystem.

4. Modeling Azure ARM Template in Visio - Visualize, Generate or reverse engineer Azure ARM templates

Within IoC (Infrastructure as a Code) and Software defined Data Center concept Azure offers ability to model or define Resource Group model as a JSON template. However, Visio is one of the most common tools to design and Visualize Infrastructure. It would be natural to use Visio to model Azure Resource Group and generate ARM template, or reverse existing Resource group to the visualized model. Look at http://armtviz.io/ as an example. Also, Visio already has Azure templates and shapes ad work should be focusing on understanding ARM semantics and implement JSON serialization

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable the user to change the default font

There is currently no way to change the default font from Calibri. This can result in style inconsistencies with Visio drawings created with earlier versions that had Ariel as the default. In addition, we have found print issues with Calibri and Adobe Acrobat through a print server. This may be a rare occurrence but it's an example of why the default font should be defined by the user.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Data Visualizer to Visio 2016

Is there a plan to add Data Visualizer to Visio 2016 too? Right now it looks like it is only available for Visio Pro for Office 365. Thanks!

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make text in angled text boxes selectable/searchable after saving as PDF

In Visio 2016, any text box that is completely vertical or horizontal (0°, 90°, 180°, -90°) is selectable and searchable after saving as a PDF however, if the text box is at an angle other than any of the above angles, the text is not selectable or searchable after saving as a PDF.

This was possible with Visio 2010.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Microsoft Office Visio part of Microsoft Office 365 Home Premium Office Suite

I wish Microsoft Office Visio would become part of Microsoft Office 365 Home Premium Office Suite and all other Microsoft Office Suites including Microsoft Office 365 starting in Microsoft Office 2019 when it gets released.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Find & Replace Text

Please allow for find & replace of text across Visio. For example, a role name may change and its acronym needs to be updated across several diagrams. These is a very tedious and oversight-prone process currently without text replace.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide Shapes for PowerBI Dashboard Wireframing

Make a set of shapes for creation of PowerBI wireframes during requirements discussions

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix Data Visualizer so it does not redraw diagrams when you add a data graphics field

I love the ability to link an Excel spreadsheet to a Visio Data Visualizer (Cross Functional Flowchart). It's great for assembling roadmap visuals from spreadsheet data. The problem is that after I align the objects on the chart within their lane, if I add a data graphic field, all of my layout changes are thrown out and the chart is scrambled.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. visio viewer

“Publish an installable standalone Visio Viewer that does not depend on Active X, web browser or OneDrive. Dependence on
    -OneDrive limits end-user usability
    -Web browser limits resolution and movement around larger documents”

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Active User Report

Please provide an Active User Report similar to the main O365 components (EXO, SPO, etc…) that displays the “Last Activity Date” for a user. This helps us track our user adoption. It also will allow us to track who is no longer using their license so we can redistribute them to different users.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add more Stencils

Need more stencils types period. Designing for Azure we need country and global maps to put datacenters and connections, etc. Need to really sit down and create a set of core stencils for Azure. I need shapes of the countries, regional areas (North America, Latin America, EU, CEE, Africa, Asia Pacific) in various languages too.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add proper support for Metric Units

Creating a document with Metric Units instead of US Units results in strange bugs.

The majority of the world uses the metric system, and you are an international company, so please add proper support for it.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Visio on iOS

I love Visio, but I'm rarely at my computer anymore.

I've found myself using Visio alternatives, but they're all lackluster.

I'd love to have access to Visio and my diagrams on mobile devices where I could do at least some basic editing.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the ability to use the native equation capability in word. Equation editor 3.0 is not sufficient and does not support tex directives.

The equation editor got a major boost when word used its own native tex-based solution to adding equations. I frequently use equations in my visio diagrams and if I had this functionality it would dramatically improve the product for my use cases. At present it is a strange omission given the feature's presence in powerpoint and word and hopefully it would not be too hard to add.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Discovery network.

Visio 2000 enterprise had this function.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Visio core edition.

This edition has core functions only!
    This mean is ISV edition of Visio.

8 votes

We're glad you're here