Visio on Desktop

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Visio on Desktop feedback forum! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.

• There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio

• When you create a new idea you will be able to pick a category. You can then filter by categories on the right sidebar. If you feel we need to add some categories please let us know.

• You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. when saving over an existing file, do not suggest to override: instead, suggest to append the sheets (applicable to excel as well)

I suggest that when I save a visio diagram and I am presenting with the Save As dialog box, and if I select an existing visio file - instead of being prompted on whether I would like the original file to be overwritten, I suggest that I would be given the option of appending my work to the existing file, as an additional sheet

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show the cursor location

Please change the programing to show the cursor location within the text associated with a connector. It's very hard to get the text to align right when you can't identify where the cursor is currently located. It does this for the text within a shape but not the text that is associated with the connectors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI and look & feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix the inconsistent turn on of eccentricity handles, problem that is years old!

I have used Visio since before MS bought it (when it was more compatible with Excel). I have looked up in help and tried to turn on the eccentricity handles using the help instructions dozens of times and the instructions do not work consistently. It would be great if you fixed that!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix multiple copies print out

When you choose 2 copies, 4 will be printed out, when you choose 3, 9 will be printed out, and so on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Initialize volume control sooner in boot sequence

Upon turning on TV, volume control via remote control doesn't work until TV completes boot sequence. By this time, sound is already coming out of TV at turn off volume level. Allow users​ to adjust volume control while TV is still booting. Or, add a start volume level in settings so that every time the TV is turned on it will go to an initial start volume level

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Animated movement

Animated movement - In a leadership brain-storm meeting, one would like to manipulate shaped (unconnected); meaning, if we have 10 process in a column and when a shape is moved from the 6th position to the 3rd position, the 4th and 5th move down and number are reorder accordingly; and the same goes for the 2nd process moving to the 4th, the 3rd will move up. you can see the time and effort saving this will render.
    Best Regards,
    Abe

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Update all visio feedback from the feedback button in the software to link to Microsoft Edge rather than Internet Explorer

This is a no brainer, is it not?

Is it 2017 yet where you live? :D

And please make it available to everyone, not just 365 customers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visio Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix broken Visio publishing into HTML page

1. Open any Visio diagram.

2. Selected menu to save it as HTML page.

3. On settings of HTML export I select: "Host in Web page" option "Basic" instead of default option "None".

Web page is saved fine. However, it does not open in Internet Explorer. JScript error appears. Detailed description of this bug with all screenshots is written here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficevisio-msoother/broken-visio-publishing-into-html-page/44a8e687-73f1-4a19-a208-57ca27a8d21b

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Visio Crashes when I uses "Container"... Suggest to fix!

If I have an amount of Flow Charts selected and then go to insert a Container to capture the Flow Charts, then Visio consistently crashes. If I do not select Flow Charts before inserting a Container it all works great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flowcharts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow the disabling of anti-aliasing on imported images

There should be some simple way to disable anti-aliasing of pasted-in or imported images, either in the Advanced Options settings for the program, or in the Format > Compress Picture settings for individual images.

My job requires me to trace many images of objects in Visio, which can often be very complex. Visio seems to "smooth" (anti-alias) any imported images, which, for some reason, completely eats up performance, making every small action take a long time to compute. The amount of this performance decrease depends on the the image, as well as the zoom level, often getting progressively worse as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow icons to be manipulated freely within cross-functionional "Swimlanes" without being impacted.

When there is a significant amount of data with a swim-lane, adding or moving an icon will cause the chart to expand, causing constant rework or "undoing" the change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make layouts more personalised

Currently the pre-set org charts work well for smaller orgs, but for larger organisation you need to be able to automatically create several rows under each manager so that the chart isn't 10 pages long.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Org Chart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Integrate an interactive format for Video Operating Procedures "VOP".

Set up an add-on software option for interactive training and video operating procedures and work instructions that will compete with Adobe, Articulate, etc.; take it to the next level.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Стандартный набор значков

Для отображения данных в фигурах можно использовать помимо цвета и текста, стандартный набор значков, а почему бы не сделать возможным добавлять свои значки для отображения внешних данных.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Database &UML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Individual word highlighting.

I used to be able to click 4 times on text and have the individual word highlight & then Ctrl U to underline. What happened? Now I have to arrow around. Huge time waster.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stencil name display unstable

When multiple stencils are in use, the displayed name of the active stencil is unstable and difficult to manage. The active stencil and its displayed name should always be that of the last stencil from which a shape was taken.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI and look & feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Store the font for the shape by name not ID

When you set a fonts other than Arial it is stored as a font ID in the shape, if you open that font on a different PC the font ID don't always line up and you get a different font.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please fix chinese input of visio

visio new version don't input chinese word, please fix it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have an objects repository

It would be good to have an objects repository and link objects to shapes so same entities would be able to represent in different views

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Database &UML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base