Visio on Desktop

Welcome to the Visio on Desktop feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.

• There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio

• When you create a new idea you will be able to pick a category. You can then filter by categories on the right sidebar. If you feel we need to add some categories please let us know.

• You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

Help us make Visio more Awesome!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Online store support for Visio shapes, templates, add-ons, add-ins

I was surprised to not see this in the list as every MVP conference I have been to this has been a topic of discussion. Whether for monetization or not, Visio users need a central location to find content for Visio. This includes shapes, stencils, templates, sample diagrams, shared community diagrams, add-ons, add-ins, etc. I would link this with the Apps for Office model but the framework that would support this feature and the framework that would support the Apps for Office feature are probably to different.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Now we have 3rd party partner templates and sample diagram show up in the backstage via template store. We’ve also added a brand new Education category for creating content relevant to schools or for gamifying education. We are working on Visio add-on catalog and a Shape search / discovery / download for the partner content ecosystem.

• C2R Installs should support MAK key

The C2R installation should support MAK license activation

4 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        I agree to the terms of service