Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Micah RairdonMicah Rairdon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been trying to get the Volume Licensing Activation Center to generate a usable C2R-P compatible activation key for Project Standard for the last hour, and not one of the four CSRs I've spoken to there has any idea what this is or how to generate one. The last guy generated another incompatible MAK for me. This is seriously irritating, Microsoft. You've had months to fix this, and your workaround is a gigantic waste of time. I literally have one license for Project, so KMS isn't ever going to work for this deployment.

• Sandeep SAdminSandeep S (PM Lead Visio Desktop and Devices, Microsoft Visio) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can use C2R-P Visio installation side-by-side with Office 365 installations. C2R-P installation is available via ODT (Office Deployment Tool). Currently you can activate it either using KMS or MAK keys. C2R-P bits are akin to the Perpetual MSI bits in terms of feature and functionality.

For now, MAK keys can only be acquired via the Volume Licensing activation centers (here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/Licensing/existing-customer/activation-centers.aspx)
        We are working on listing the C2R-P MAK keys in the VLSC tool.
        The supported deployment and activation scenarios are listed in the help article here: http://technet.microsoft.com/library/mt703272.aspx

• Grant BordelonGrant Bordelon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Visio and Product for that matter. We should be able to use our MAK keys regardless whether 365 is installed or not.

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We gave up waiting (>6 months to generate new keys is pathetic), we've ditched Office365 and just gone back to regular old Office 2016 instead so that we can actually use Project & Visio.

Feedback and Knowledge Base