Visio on Desktop

Welcome to the Visio on Desktop feedback forum! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.

• There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio

• When you create a new idea you will be able to pick a category. You can then filter by categories on the right sidebar. If you feel we need to add some categories please let us know.

• You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. automatically create diagrams from excel data

Automatically create flowcharts and cross functional flowcharts from Excel Data. As a user I should be able to import my Excel data and create the diagram, refresh the diagram so it reflects changes in data.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flowcharts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use Visio to create auto-Timelines

For trials we sometimes have to convey a timeline of circumstances in an easy-to-understand way to the Jury. A friendly, non imposing timeline would be very helpful and understandable. As I add events (not always a DATE!) I'd want it to space it either automatically or in the proportion of time I dictate. This would be good for school children learning history, people reading the Bible, even for Cooks writing how to time a dinner party. Please do it!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flowcharts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Default Date Format for Timeline

The default date for a timeline shows the month date and year. For a flow that is only 1 year long having the year listed on every milestone just looks like clutter. I should be able to set a default date format that would apply to all milestones added to my timeline.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Data Flow Diagrams - Gane-Sarason Shapes, change the default Font Colour for Data Store from white to black

Data Flow Diagrams - Gane-Sarason Shapes, change the default Font Colour for Data Store shape from white to black

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. New feature to create diagram from picture

Microsoft just annouce a new feature on Excel. You can take a picture of a data table and turn it into a spreadsheet.

It could be a huge time savior if I could take a picture of a hand draw diagram and turn it into Visio diagram.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Invert the default coloring scheme of white lettering on dark fields

Invert the default coloring scheme of white lettering on dark fields to dark lettering on white fields.
    Three reasons:
    --Printing in the default color scheme needlessly uses ink, energy and natural resources.
    --Printing in dark lettering/white fields is easier to read.
    --Photocopying documents printed in the default color scheme does not work well, especially when printed B/W.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix the bug where "Re-Layout" doesn't work when you are working with a data container

When you import in a cross functional flowchart using excel and the templates visio provides, the Re-Layout doesn't work. It just makes a terrible layout with the start button in the middle of the swim lane. It's the container that's blocking this. If i disband the container, and do a re-layout (left to right) it will make it look like a really nice professional flowchart. But when i do that, it breaks the link to the data.

Visio advertises the excel & visio integration feature, but it not even usable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the shape set Cross Function Flow Chart to Visio Online

Add the shape set Cross Function Flow Chart to Visio Online

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. align lines / boxes diagonally according to one side of their shape

can't align things on a certain angle / center them on a diagonal or inclined axis.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Visio Hyperlinks - make it so you can cut and paste with mouse.

Right now you HAVE to use Ctrl V to paste an internet hyperlink in Visio 2016. How very 1985 of you! Please make it so we can copy and paste a web address in the hyperlink field in Visio.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Visio Crashes when I uses "Container"... Suggest to fix!

If I have an amount of Flow Charts selected and then go to insert a Container to capture the Flow Charts, then Visio consistently crashes. If I do not select Flow Charts before inserting a Container it all works great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base