Visio on Desktop

Welcome to the Visio on Desktop feedback forum! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.

• There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio

• When you create a new idea you will be able to pick a category. You can then filter by categories on the right sidebar. If you feel we need to add some categories please let us know.

• You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make text in angled text boxes selectable/searchable after saving as PDF

In Visio 2016, any text box that is completely vertical or horizontal (0°, 90°, 180°, -90°) is selectable and searchable after saving as a PDF however, if the text box is at an angle other than any of the above angles, the text is not selectable or searchable after saving as a PDF.

This was possible with Visio 2010.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Gantt Charts by the hour

Make it possible to create Gantt Charts by the hour, so it is possible to enter start and end date AND time as well as Duarion in hours (e.g. 4,5h). Please!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Linux support

Support for Linux client , or make Visio online plan 2 feature compatible with Desktop client

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to make existing connector dynamic/static manually

It would be useful to have the ability to change the type of an existing connector to make it dynamic or static to change from one type to another, without having to delete the connector and create a new one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. https://www.thumbzilla.com/video/ph593bf92524dd4/distroya-ii

For adult services that don't even exist. We'd all like to book in a course to provide a safe and secure trip to Fiji to win prizes that we can provide you with extra adult service's we provide. For adult service's both amature and professional brotherals, spa's and saunas to collect data and provide surveys to the servers around the world to collect data on survey's on adult service's and professional adult servicer's can provide.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I need to make a block diagram. How about adding shapes for objects? I thought that was the reason for Visio but can't find out how to add

I need to make a block diagram. How about adding shapes for objects? I thought that was the reason for Visio but can't find out how to add them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add "group by" values to sub-total rows in shape reports

The values (names, labels) of the " group-by" data element is currently not displayed in the subtotal rows. Hence when the option to display subtotals only is selected, one cannot see for which group each subtotal is. I feel this is a flaw that should be corrected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make the Mobile wireframes available for Visio 2019

The mobile/web wireframes are currently only available for Visio Online Plan 2 and not for Visio 2019 Pro which is kind of strange.
    Link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Use-Wireframe-Templates-to-design-websites-and-mobile-apps-2d54dc55-f5c4-49a2-85da-d649eb7fc281

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export to SmartArt for use in Office apps

Export to Office as SmartArt. I try to create digital assets that clients can edit themselves (key reason for using Word rather than InDesign when creating large documents, and PowerPoint rather than Illustrator/Photoshop when creating slide decks and visual tools). While it would be awesome if all my clients had Visio, we know that won't happen. So if I could create org and flow charts in Visio, then convert to SmartArt in Word and PowerPoint, I can add value to my services (creating epic/stellar charts and diagrams) and Microsoft Office apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Task Relationship Types in the GANTT Chart Template

Currently the template only allows for Finish-Start relationships between tasks. In reality, there are 3 other link types that are not available in Visio (Start-Finish, Start-Start, Finish-Finish). While Finish-Start links are the most common, the absence of the other link types really limits the functionality of the Visio GANTT Template.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to change use or change or create custom report templates

If you generate a report to HTML or Excel you are stuck with a default format. It would be good to be able to create and use a custom template.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Network Diagram Connector

Please make a connector for network diagrams that has multiple text fields that are pinned at the beginning, middle, and end of the connector. This will be used when drawing network connections where the middle text box shows the cable/connection ID, and each end shows the port number.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add cosine wave in the waveform generator

The current waveform generator available in the shapes allows us to draw one period of a sine wave.
    Sometimes, we want to create graphs with sine waves, but maybe a cosine, and maybe not one entire period. Currently, to do so, we have to use the current shape and hide the parts not wanted with white rectangles... This is a bit annoying and not very clean.

It would be nice to be able to have as a shape :

- a cosine over one period

- a cosine/sine over half a period
    - a cosine/sine over a quarter a period
    3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Active User Report

Please provide an Active User Report similar to the main O365 components (EXO, SPO, etc…) that displays the “Last Activity Date” for a user. This helps us track our user adoption. It also will allow us to track who is no longer using their license so we can redistribute them to different users.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dealcliq | best online store

dealcliq.com provides you the amazing collection of products. You an get the latest techonology products on dealcliq.com, Pay Online and Get your products delivered on doorsteps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Would be realy usefull to able to scroll sideways like up and down with the mouse

To scroll up or down you rotate the IntelliMouse wheel forward or backward.
    What would be nice in Visio and OneNote is to able to scroll any direction by dragging the page using Ctrl key and the mouse lift key.
    To be able to move quick on a large diagram without involving horizontal/vertical scroll bar.
    That would be great. Some of my drawing consist of 9 A3 pages. you could imagine trying to scroll to find and object./

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix vertical axis zero on page orientation change

The default for a page layout if landscape. The first page has its origin in the lower left corner. However, when changing the page layout to portrait, it is not the lower left corner that is pinned, but the upper left corner. As such, the vertical axis zero is always somewhere around the middle of a portrait page.
    Please fix this, such that the vertical axis zero is always on a page boundary, whatever orientation is selected.
    (In case it matters, I am using A3 paper size.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hello there, in visio file single line diagram, when i export it to pdf format, it says "the file is open in another program".

Hello there, in visio file single line diagram, when i export it to pdf format, it says "the file is open in another program". And it is not open in any other program. And it is happening with all drawings I have. Please do me any solution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide an "upgrade licence option"

After using visio standard edition for a while I decided I would like to try the features from professional, however found the only way to access these features was to outright by professional, as the sole visio user in my company taking this path would mean I am sat on a license for a product I would never use and it's quite an expensive license to not utilise.

It would make more sense to allow me to pay the license cost difference between standard and professional and have my current license upgraded to professional (or have it replaced)

I cannot…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base