Visio on Desktop

Welcome to the Visio on Desktop feedback forum! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.

• There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio

• When you create a new idea you will be able to pick a category. You can then filter by categories on the right sidebar. If you feel we need to add some categories please let us know.

• You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix the inconsistent turn on of eccentricity handles, problem that is years old!

I have used Visio since before MS bought it (when it was more compatible with Excel). I have looked up in help and tried to turn on the eccentricity handles using the help instructions dozens of times and the instructions do not work consistently. It would be great if you fixed that!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix a regression bug in recent Visio updates affecting formulas

When opening our Visio template drawing which has formulas referencing page margin/size in Visio desktop with latest update installed, some of the formulas will convert to static values and lose their referenced values which makes our title block broken and completely messed up. If we roll back Visio updates to Build 16.0.4229.1024 everything works perfectly fine again. But as soon as new updates are installed the issue comes back. This is severely affecting our business and customers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix multiple copies print out

When you choose 2 copies, 4 will be printed out, when you choose 3, 9 will be printed out, and so on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Initialize volume control sooner in boot sequence

Upon turning on TV, volume control via remote control doesn't work until TV completes boot sequence. By this time, sound is already coming out of TV at turn off volume level. Allow users​ to adjust volume control while TV is still booting. Or, add a start volume level in settings so that every time the TV is turned on it will go to an initial start volume level

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AWS/Google architecture import

I'd like to see visio 2016 update a connector service to cloud providers in order to import stack definitions and create the diagram based on object recognition. I understand there are 3rd party services but it would be a lot safer and easier to manage these details on my thick client and store IAM/user details in visio and have visio blow out a diagram based on JSON symantics. I mean, there are tons of companies doing this but it's just bad form to store corporate data (i.e. network diagrams) on another companies farm, not to mention probably illegal for certain…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Visio Hyperlinks - make it so you can cut and paste with mouse.

Right now you HAVE to use Ctrl V to paste an internet hyperlink in Visio 2016. How very 1985 of you! Please make it so we can copy and paste a web address in the hyperlink field in Visio.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flowcharts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Connection Points should be unseen, unsnappable and ungluable for shapes on Locked or Invisble layers

Currently all connection points become visible when attempting to glue a shape, regardless of whether the adjacent shapes are on invisible or locked layers
    Those that are on hidden layers are however not gluable (good) but those on locked layers are (bad)
    I suggest that these connection points should be invisible, unsnappable and ungluable for shapes on invisible and locked layers

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Default connection color

How about you make it easy to change the default color of connections? I can't be the first person to request this, but I actually spent time on the internet and in VISIO looking for a simple way to change the default color of connections. This should be a basic function...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI and look & feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Animated movement

Animated movement - In a leadership brain-storm meeting, one would like to manipulate shaped (unconnected); meaning, if we have 10 process in a column and when a shape is moved from the 6th position to the 3rd position, the 4th and 5th move down and number are reorder accordingly; and the same goes for the 2nd process moving to the 4th, the 3rd will move up. you can see the time and effort saving this will render.
    Best Regards,
    Abe

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Update DXF or DWG import format to be compatible with Adobe Illustrator 2017 CC in Visio.

The DXF and DWG file import is not compatible with Illustrator. This compatibility needs to be improved. There is no way to import smooth, scalable images from Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Choose a Different Canvas Color

In Visio 2003 it was a simple matter to change the color of the canvas. In Visio 2016 we seem to be stuck with white. I work on presentations with both light and dark backgrounds, so I need to create both white and black drawings. I can add a background layer for this purpose, but then I lose the grid lines. I can add transparency to the background to somewhat see the grid lines, but then my background color is washed out. This seems like an obvious feature, especially since an old version of Visio already had it. Please bring…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI and look & feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. could you please add fire alarm symbols UKlike smart draw software.

lot of electricians use Vision 2016 for designing fire alarm panel.
    there should special section for this like smartdraw software company,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Database &UML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Update all visio feedback from the feedback button in the software to link to Microsoft Edge rather than Internet Explorer

This is a no brainer, is it not?

Is it 2017 yet where you live? :D

And please make it available to everyone, not just 365 customers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visio Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. enable a hyperlink on background page to be accessed from a foreground page

allow for a hyperlink created on background page to be visible and acccessible from a foreground page.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Visio to the right click menu to create a new Visio file directly in a folder

It is possible to create Word, Excel, Publisher documents, etc. directly in a folder through use of the right click menu "New".

I would like to see Visio added to the "New" menu, so Visio files can be created directly in Explorer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base