Visio on Desktop

Welcome to the Visio on Desktop feedback forum! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.

• There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio

• When you create a new idea you will be able to pick a category. You can then filter by categories on the right sidebar. If you feel we need to add some categories please let us know.

• You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

Help us make Visio more Awesome!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Visio on iOS

I love Visio, but I'm rarely at my computer anymore.

I've found myself using Visio alternatives, but they're all lackluster.

I'd love to have access to Visio and my diagrams on mobile devices where I could do at least some basic editing.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Diagramas dínámicos

en el uso de diagramas dinámicos, de que forma puedo utilizar en una misma forma, los totales que me presenta ya sea suma, promedio, max, min, recuento o definir algún campo con fórmula definida por uno

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate an interactive format for Video Operating Procedures "VOP".

Set up an add-on software option for interactive training and video operating procedures and work instructions that will compete with Adobe, Articulate, etc.; take it to the next level.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The Evil Green Box

When dropping a connector on a page, the green alignment boxes flare up and cannot be over-ridden. There is a subtle "walk-through" flag in the Shape Sheet, but it has to be dealt with at that level. There should be a global toggle to turn these off.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Line and polyline vertices are invisible

The display of internal vertices and arc control points on polylines is wildly dysfunctional. They were much bigger and easier to see in previous versions, but MS made them practically invisible in 2010. Either make the default bigger, or give the user the authority to change how they are displayed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI and look & feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Intersecting Guide Snap and Glue

If Snap or Glue to Guides is active, the interface should allow alignment to the intersection of two crossing Guides. Right now, you can snap to one or the other, but not both. Choosing "Intersections" doesn't do it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI and look & feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Build a scheduling board for manufacturing

Hello I am a weld department supervisor for a weld shop of 120+ employees. I have searched and searched for scheduling software that is easy to use and can be rearranged on the fly. My line of work is next to impossible to schedule. Reason being I have people, parts, fixtures, booths, and averages to deal with. Sounds pretty complex right? It gets worse! After everything is well thought out...something will Granade it!! Such as a call in, machine or equipment failure, physical limitation from someone getting put on light duty, and so on. I played around longer than I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Database &UML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Стандартный набор значков

Для отображения данных в фигурах можно использовать помимо цвета и текста, стандартный набор значков, а почему бы не сделать возможным добавлять свои значки для отображения внешних данных.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Database &UML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Interface font sizes too big

The display font for interface labels task pane labels like "Shapes" and "Shape Data" are excessive and reduce the space available for seeing what is on the panes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add support for transparent pictures (support already exists in IE and PowerPoint)

Visio does not support transparent pictures. When a transparent picture is pasted, the transparent space is rendered black instead of see through.

Steps to reproduce

1) Open the following image in Internet Explorer
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/32/Wi-Fi_Logo.svg/2000px-Wi-Fi_Logo.svg.png

2) Copy and paste the image into Microsoft PowerPoint

3) Copy and paste the image into Microsoft Visio

4) Confirm that the way Internet Explorer, Visio and PowerPoint have rendered the image are different.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Track changes like Word

Track not only how shapes show but also all the data in shapesheet including Users section.
    Shapesheets for Pages and Drawing should be trackable, too.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sharing a drawing like sharing a workbook on Excel

Allow multiple users to edit one file at the same time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Individual word highlighting.

I used to be able to click 4 times on text and have the individual word highlight & then Ctrl U to underline. What happened? Now I have to arrow around. Huge time waster.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stencil name display unstable

When multiple stencils are in use, the displayed name of the active stencil is unstable and difficult to manage. The active stencil and its displayed name should always be that of the last stencil from which a shape was taken.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I suggest you to add more 3 D shapes

I love this tool..but would like to have more 3 D shapes

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Use the yellow check-out bar if opened from sharepoint

An opened document from a Sharepoint library must be checked out before moderation, please give a signal by using the yellow 'check out this document first' as is used in word, excell and powerpoint

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Print dialog page to have a button for "print current page".

I almost always want to print just the current page of a diagram. It seems there's plenty of real estate on the print page to have a "print current page" button - especially with modern sized monitors. Either that or the document dropdown menu under settings could stick at the last used value.
    It would stop me being annoyed every time I print something plus save the planet some paper when I occasionally print all pages of a large multi page diagram.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI and look & feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Store the font for the shape by name not ID

When you set a fonts other than Arial it is stored as a font ID in the shape, if you open that font on a different PC the font ID don't always line up and you get a different font.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I suggest, when cliking to a stencil on page, there should be an option to find the stencil file and open it on the left

I suggest, when cliking to a stencil on working page, there should be an option to find the stencil file and open the stencil group it on the left pane. Like:
    - find the stencil group file

Thank you
    Cem Karaca

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please fix chinese input of visio

visio new version don't input chinese word, please fix it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base