Visio on Desktop

Welcome to the Visio on Desktop feedback forum! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.

• There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio

• When you create a new idea you will be able to pick a category. You can then filter by categories on the right sidebar. If you feel we need to add some categories please let us know.

• You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

Help us make Visio more Awesome!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve the performance, please!

I had 16 MB file a with 20 pages. I need to have a simple file where I have only one page left for sharing.
    I select from menu "Delete pages..." select 19 of the pages, and press [Ok].
    After that my CPU is running around 10+ min average 89% where Visio 2016 is on the top. Something is very wrong on this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add "Delete Pages" to the default ribbon

Have you ever wondering why removing page is so complicated, especially when you need to remove 10+ pages. Right click, delete, wait, right click, delete, wait...

But if you go to customize ribbon, there is a command "Delete Pages..." AVAILABLE! But definately it is well hidden!

Bring it visibile !!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UI and look & feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Network Diagram Connector

Please make a connector for network diagrams that has multiple text fields that are pinned at the beginning, middle, and end of the connector. This will be used when drawing network connections where the middle text box shows the cable/connection ID, and each end shows the port number.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When Visio file is saved as PDF format, hide hidden lines in a combined group correctly.

Example can be downloaded https://mega.nz/#!d8hCEQDB!jodLabH9Mi9bOKoEVsF8XQrFSxlopDSIGshLmHLkztQ.

A line is combined with a circle to get the "Off-center Radial Fill Effect" as described in http://www.visguy.com/2007/08/30/off-center-radial-fill-effect/. The effect is great in Visio. Nevertheless, when the file is saved as PDF foramt, the hidden line becomes visible, as shown in the file "BugReport_pdf_from_vsdx.pdf". Please correct this behavior. Many thanks !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Extensibility & API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dealcliq | best online store

dealcliq.com provides you the amazing collection of products. You an get the latest techonology products on dealcliq.com, Pay Online and Get your products delivered on doorsteps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. save the color settings depending on the values

It would be helpful if I can save the color settings.
    For example, on my org chart, I would like to color CEO as blue, VP as green and etc.
    The default color setting changes everytime I upload the new excel files and would be nice if visio can save the settings depends on the values.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Org Chart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Modernize Computers and Monitors, Network and Peripherals shapes to a new group called Information Technology shapes

Modernize Computers and Monitors, Network and Peripherals shapes to a new group called Information Technology shapes. Modernize the shapes and include more graphically enhanced shapes for IT related equipment. Flyout menus to change the colors of said shapes quickly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hold spacebar to move drawing around canvas with mouse.

Similar to other products on the market to help "standardize" certain shortcuts to do tasks. For this one, holding spacebar change mouse icon to a hand and allow user to move the drawing around on the canvas.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sharepoint Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix vertical axis zero on page orientation change

The default for a page layout if landscape. The first page has its origin in the lower left corner. However, when changing the page layout to portrait, it is not the lower left corner that is pinned, but the upper left corner. As such, the vertical axis zero is always somewhere around the middle of a portrait page.
    Please fix this, such that the vertical axis zero is always on a page boundary, whatever orientation is selected.
    (In case it matters, I am using A3 paper size.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Active User Report

Please provide an Active User Report similar to the main O365 components (EXO, SPO, etc…) that displays the “Last Activity Date” for a user. This helps us track our user adoption. It also will allow us to track who is no longer using their license so we can redistribute them to different users.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Incremetal search within shape pane windows

When opening stencils with large number of shapes (e.g. Microsoft Azure, Cloud and Enterprise Symbol) it is very difficult to find the shape by scrolling up and down within the narrow confines of the open shape pane.

It would be helpful if there was a simple way to search within the shape pane. Perhaps by just start to type after clicking on the pane and the search term highlights the shape name and focus shifts. This is like incremental search in many editors. Another way may be a small search box after the horizontal separator line for 'Drop Quick Shapes…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow to search within shape just by typing

When opening stencils with large number of shapes (e.g. Microsoft Azure, Cloud and Enterprise Symbol) it is very difficult to find the shape by scrolling up and down within the narrow confines of the open shape pane.

It would be helpful if there was a simple way to search within the shape pane. Perhaps by just start to type after clicking on the pane and the search term highlights the shape name and focus shifts. This is like incremental search in many editors. Another way may be a small search box after the horizontal separator line for 'Drop Quick Shapes…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. generate code from Visio class diagrams

Restore the code generation from UML diagrams and UML creation from code. I'm stunned to find this removed from the latest versions. UML and class diagrams in Visio were good and now are useless. I'm uninstalling Visio to save my company the 200 dollars because, without this feature, Visio is not worth 200 dollars in a development environment.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Database &UML  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hello there, in visio file single line diagram, when i export it to pdf format, it says "the file is open in another program".

Hello there, in visio file single line diagram, when i export it to pdf format, it says "the file is open in another program". And it is not open in any other program. And it is happening with all drawings I have. Please do me any solution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Would be realy usefull to able to scroll sideways like up and down with the mouse

To scroll up or down you rotate the IntelliMouse wheel forward or backward.
    What would be nice in Visio and OneNote is to able to scroll any direction by dragging the page using Ctrl key and the mouse lift key.
    To be able to move quick on a large diagram without involving horizontal/vertical scroll bar.
    That would be great. Some of my drawing consist of 9 A3 pages. you could imagine trying to scroll to find and object./

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide an "upgrade licence option"

After using visio standard edition for a while I decided I would like to try the features from professional, however found the only way to access these features was to outright by professional, as the sole visio user in my company taking this path would mean I am sat on a license for a product I would never use and it's quite an expensive license to not utilise.

It would make more sense to allow me to pay the license cost difference between standard and professional and have my current license upgraded to professional (or have it replaced)

I cannot…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow separate windows for the same source document

For multi-monitor setups allowing child windows to be separated from the single host app window would be extremely useful, as per Excel: https://blogs.office.com/en-us/2013/02/07/open-excel-workbooks-in-separate-windows-and-view-them-side-by-side/, or, ideally, using Visual Studio's tear off windows, out of the main app into some spare screen space.

Although you can stretch the app window across multiple monitors the break between two monitors never sits in the right place (ie the break between two child windows) and so you end up using a single monitor.

In Visio, it's common to have multiple ShapeSheet windows open at once, either displaying master and instance, or one for each…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UI and look & feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Able to choose the grid colors

1) Able to choose the grid color. Shades of gray or other user's color choices.

2) Grid with more shades help to pin point a grid section when working with multiples SCALES such as inches, feet and others scales.

3) In Visio version #1 released in 1992 their was a dynamic green cross that moved in sync with the cursor allowing comparing a pair of two values with the grid.. Need more reasearch about that...

Thanks so much!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UI and look & feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make volume a&b for movie and commercials.

I watch movies and find that commercials are very much louder than I can stand!! Please make volume a&b so that I am react to the change in network volume.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base