Visio on Desktop

Welcome to the Visio on Desktop feedback forum! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.

• There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio

• When you create a new idea you will be able to pick a category. You can then filter by categories on the right sidebar. If you feel we need to add some categories please let us know.

• You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Re-enable shap shifting with arrow keys

As said: In prior versions it was possible to move shapes using the arrow keys. This was the only really precise possibility to move shapes.
    Now, this is not possible anymore, instead I can move around in the window witih the key (which is already covered by key up and key down).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UI and look & feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can you please enable Visio Editing via the file viewer which is currently not possible.

At present it is not possible to edit visio diagrams online which have been published in to sharepoint unless you has previosuly created these diagrams using the online Visio (though office 365).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sharepoint Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix the network drawings

The network shapes has a wrong width. Both racks and equipment is drawn with a horisontal mounting hole spacing of 19", but 19" is the ewquipment total width in the real world. The hole spacing should be 465.12 mm/18.312 inches. See f.x. Wikipedia; 19-inch rack.
    As it is now, customer drawn equipment will not fit in your template rack without being redrawn/resized.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flowcharts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Hyperlinks to VSTS repositories

Currently, when I add a hyperlink to a shape which points to a Visual Studio Team Services account (https://name.visualstudio.com) Vusio throws an error saying it can't open the URL. Should be quite easy to fix.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Org Chart  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visio Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to batch edit protection for shapes in a stencil set

I downloaded the Enterprise Integration Patterns stencil from http://camel.apache.org/enterprise-integration-patterns.html, but most of the shapes were locked so I couldn't move them or delete them without enabling the Developer toolbar and modifying the protection.

I right-clicked the Stencil, selected all, then clicked Edit Shape -- which opened a new window for each stencil. I then needed to click each item, click protection in the toolbar, click none, then close/save that window.

This should be allowed as a bulk action.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow container shapes to define internal margins

Currently container shapes allow for Heading placement along one edge, which Visio takes into account when deciding where the member shapes area should be. However if you want a container to include both a Header and Footer areas then either the footer has to be place outside of the shape's alignment box or have put up with possible overlap where the footer sits inside the member shapes area.

Additional container User cells could include something like User.visMemberAreaEdgeLeft, User.visMemberAreaEdgeTop, User.visMemberAreaEdgeRight and User.visMemberAreaEdgeBottom. These non-mandatory cells would allow development of additional features such as extra footer or side legend areas.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. let me register my visio activation key after i accidently log in with my microsoft account

i just got a key to activate visio through my work place. I downloaded and opened visio and got to a log in screen. I logged in to my Microsoft account and the option to register my key disappeared. I then tried to log out and in several times to look for the option but it was nowhere to be found. it only appeared before I FIRST logged in with my Microsoft account...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Visio 2013 shift when inserting text

Kind time of day
    There is MS Visio 2013
    This application is actively used for creating network diagrams
    The schemes are very large, they contain several thousand different figures
    Recently noticed a bug:
    When inserting text into a shape (copy, paste), the area on the screen is shifted to the right downwards, that is, The figure itself, where the text has just been inserted, disappears from the field of view
    Even recorded a video where this bug is reproduced:
    Https://yadi.sk/i/jURyD5J93MH6ZB

I ask to help to eliminate this behavior
    thank you in advance.

there is a Russian-language branch where this problem…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. As user I would like to make make calendars

As a user I would like to make a calendar for one year or just for a few month. I should be able to choose Start date and how many month should be shown. Month should be shown like January, February og March in columns. Se layout via linket: https://kalendersiden.dk/.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide option to disable Research

The Research pane pops up constantly, slowing performance and taking up too much space, when highlighting text. The only way to disable is to uninstall or via code. Provide users an option to disable this service while working, or make it available on demand rather than automatic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Visio Services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Keep a shape glued to a guide if an unglued handle is used to resize the shape

I have several shapes glued to guides. If I try to resize a shape by clicking and dragging a handle that isn't glued, then the whole shape becomes unglued. It would be nice if the glue would keep the shape in place while allowing the resize to happen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add the shape set Cross Function Flow Chart to Visio Online

Add the shape set Cross Function Flow Chart to Visio Online

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flowcharts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Animations

Add possibility to make animations!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Infographic maker should be there

To make infographic pictures different icons should be added

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make autosave work

I created Visio drawing, spent lot of time.
    Saved the file.
    During the save procedure Visio crashed.
    At settings I had set autosave time for 5 minutes. But there are no autosave file anywhere.
    What do you guess - will I extend my Visio 365 subscription for a program that is not able to save?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ISO 9001 Template

I think it would be useful to have a ISO 9001 template including the objects this framework use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base