Visio for the web

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the feedback forum for web version of Visio! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  • As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.
  • There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio
  • You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

1. Be able to set a default zoom percentage on images (i.e. Visio). Default looks to be 44%.

Be able to set a default zoom percentage on images (i.e. Visio). Default looks to be 44%. I posted a timeline in a section of my SharePoint site, and the default view doesn't allow you to see the content. I have to manually zoom in.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow iPad Pro to use Visio Online Editor

I need edit capabilities on iPad Pro, so I tried to use the new Visio Online Editor preview and found it doesn't work. Not that it can't work, it appears to be intentionally disabled.

A message appears saying my device screen is too small (less than 10 inches), but it's not too small! My iPad Pro display is 10.5" and the larger one is over 12".

Would love to know why this restriction is in place. I have a full desktop license.

For the love of God, Satya does iOS demos on stage and uses an iPhone for his personal…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make ActionTags available

We use ActionTags extensively for showing both warnings and informational messages to users about shapes. It would be very useful to have these online too.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mindmapping templates

Can we get mind mapping templates on the online version of Visio please?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. please make process engineering equipment available on the online visio version

please make process engineering equipment available on the online visio version

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stencils

It would be extremely useful to be able to access vendor specific stencil icons from the search menu.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add more Shapes

Can you add the engineering shapes package to the online version of visio?
    I do electrical drawings and currently there are no electrical circuit shapes available in the online version

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add touch zoom and scroll to Visio online

If you use a device that supports touch it is really awkward to have to use the pan&zoom window or zoom dial and the scrollbars for moving around on the diagram.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Include Visio Online Plan with O365 Dev Subscription

The office 365 developer subscription, bundled up with Visual Studio Enterprise subscription (Office 365 Enterprise E3 Developer Trial), does not include a licence to Visio Online. Further to this, you are unable to add a paid subscription. You get the message 'You are not eligible to acquire this product.'

I really want to create a proof of concept Visio mash-up but cannot!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adding TAM stencil

Could you add TAM stencil as your default shape library?
    http://www.fmc-modeling.org/tam_stencils
    This is a very basic shape for SAP colleagues and relevant security experts.
    And also that's why we are buying Visio Online.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Configure embedded Visio toolbars

Our company uses Visio diagrams (currently in the web part, figuring out how to switch to the embed code) in SharePoint sites as site navigation. The old web part allows us to turn off the toolbars within the web part so the diagram appears to just be on the page on its own, with no controls to zoom or change tabs, etc. We'd like this same capability with embeds done from Visio Online.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Insert Hyperlinks

I can not find a simple way to insert a hyperlink anywhere in the online Visio. If this feature does not exist, it would be nice to have. If it does, it would be nice to easily get to / understand.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add AWS icons

Please allow either a default set of AWS icons or the ability to import and store for future use.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add comments in VSD Visio file

If I will open the VSDX file then I will get an option to view the comments & reply the comments in Sharepoint o365. But If i will open the VSD file then no comment option available. Like to suggest this communication option is really help people

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In visio Graphic put again "Click" on link at the place of "ctrl click"

Since beginning september 2020, MS change a feature in Visio web that you need to use "ctrl click" on graphic at the place of "click" to open a link behind a shape., and when you use "ctrl click" the opened link is open in a new tab but the browser does no more switch automatically to this new tab. Before this change, a single click was possible on a shape and the browser switch to the new tab automatically.
    This make a navigation solution based on visio useless or business graphic less attractive. Power apps is not a solution to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can you add some wireframes stencils?

Would be great to have some stencils for quick UI mock ups...progress bars, check boxes, radio buttons, etc

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Visio Online diagram embedded on SharePoint modern page - shapes with hyperlinks should change the mouse pointer on hover.

If we use the embed web part to show a Visio diagram (saved to a document library) that has shapes that have hyperlinks, the mouse pointer remains the default if the user hovers over the shape. In Visio the mouse changes to show that there is a hyperlink. Without changing the mouse pointer, users do not know they can click the shape.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. multi-page flow chart creation with Data Visualizer

I'm working with large flow charts in Data Visualizer and need a way to split the content across multiple pages.

I am currently splitting my flow chart into multiple tables in Excel so I have one table for each page. This is rather clunky and is really annoying to move things across pages.

I'd like to have ONE table with an add a column for "page" or "section" that I can use to drive multiple pages or multiple containers.

With this set up I'd be able to move a process step from page 2 to 3 with a few changes…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need a stencil or template to do electrical drawings such as single line diagrams, and electrical schematics. Need electrical symbols.

Need the ability to do single line electrical drawings or electrical schematics. There are some templates there that are geared more towards networking systems. These do not have the correct terminology or the correct symbols. Other than that, systems works great.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Visio for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base