Visio for the web

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the feedback forum for web version of Visio! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  • As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.
  • There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio
  • You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

1. Shape data word wrap

Visio online can show shape data, but only very few characters, then ‘...’, please add a possibility to view all text

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Follow hyperlinks with a simple mouse-click for all types of shapes

For simple shapes, CTRL+Click will select the shapes and a click will follow the hyperlink.

For groups of shapes, where the hyperlink is defined at the group level, Ctrl+Click will select the shape (group), but to follow the hyperlink, I have to open the shape info pane and click on the link there.

I'd like to suggest that a simple click always activates the link, and Ctrl+Click always selects the shape (or the other way round, as long as it works in a consistent way for all types of shapes).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Align Shape Dialog

Sometimes the green guiding lines are not working properly; in this situation the old align shape dialog would be helpful.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Link icons not always practical

In the current version of Visio online we see little icons beneath the Visio shapes indicating a link. As we have lots of customer specific shapes (that we hope will be displayed in future versions) where this might not be appropriate and different text positioning requirements it would be good to have an option to display these icons or not, or a possibility to manipulate them (select different icon, different size, different position); maybe even have several icons for different kinds of links.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need to make a spell check option

Visio needs a feature for spell check its annoying that you do not have accessibility to spell check

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Visio Plan I - need a converter for legacy Visio .vsd files

My company converted to Office 365, and I now have Visio Plan I. They advise the Visio Plan II is not compatible with our limited Office 365 version.

We have 100's of older Visio files created as .vsd format. From my Visio Plan I browser, I can VIEW these files, but I cannot edit them with Visio online. I posted this question on general MS website, and MS Admin looked. There are no official converters available for me to convert the legacy .vsd files into a format I can use to edit. I don't want to use supposed converters off…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Visio support enhancements for Surface Studio with Dial and Pen support

Allow the creation of Visio diagrams with Microsoft Surface Studio including Surface Dial and Pen-specific features.

The ability to create initial diagram sketch with pen using the drawing to shape cleanup feature as well as context controls for the Surface Dial would make the Surface Studio and Visio Pro an incredible combination.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Visio Javascript APIs Mash Ups to work on MODERN pages

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visio/2017/09/25/migrate-from-visio-web-access-to-visio-online/

Article above decribes process to migrate from Visio Web Access to Visio Online, however should a buisness want to use Javascript API to create Mashups...send shape data to, filter shapes by etc and connect with other web parts, this functionality will only work on classic pages.

Will Visio Javascript API capabilities be introduced into Modern pages?

Our orgainsation is going full modern, and currently users view diagram in full browser / Visio online mode. We want to create sharepoint pages and embed the diagrams as web parts and be able to send data from the diagram to other web…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can't import Visio template libraries

The available drawing objects is extremely limited. Even third party browser based tools allow one to import Visio libraries. I want to sketch out our Azure cloud infrastructure and I can't do that effectively without the right objects. Funny... either Microsoft doesn't want us to use Azure or they don't want us to use Visio Online... please decide.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Innovative Thinking

It would be awesomeness to incorporate value stream mapping to the Visio online version.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. print from the preview screen

It would be great if it were possible to print from a preview screen, so you can print from a computer that does not have visio

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow document auto-save to be turned off

Include a setting in Visio Online to allow the user to turn off the auto-save feature. My prefered mode would be to only save a document when I fully intend this to happen. This would allow me to freely open and close document safe in the knowledge that they would retain there original state. Under this scenario, if the auto-save setting were set to false, a Save button would become visible in the UI and the document would only be saved if this button was pressed. (The usual warnings could also be surfaced if you try and exit with the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Value Stream Mapping

add it with all pertinent symbols - if it is available and functioning I cannot find it.

Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hide Background Pages by default in Visio Online

Background pages are normally used for title blocks, etc, and do not contain any useful shapes.
    They should be hidden by default, but be able to make visible by a setting or in code

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. European electrical symbols

Electrical European symbols are different and when modifying circuits for modernization it really slows you down to have to create the symbols. There should be a special template sheet that provides this type of template to avoid having to create what is already in existence.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Distribution curves

Much like in Visio2007, normal distribution curves, that are also adjustable into skewed curves, would be brilliant

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add "Link to Tab" Functionality

Similar to the "Link to Slide" functionality in PowerPoint, it would be nice to be able to link directly to a specific tab in a multi-tab drawing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Business Process Modeling Notation

Smart Draw has the full bank of BPMN symbols. Visio could do a better job of organizing the scattered selection available

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Visio for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base