Visio for the web

Welcome to the feedback forum for web version of Visio! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.
  • There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio
  • You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

1. Minimize Visio Online title bar area

It would be helpful to be able to minimize the area in the browser where the "Visio Online", other Microsoft Services and your login name is shown, along with a big black bar. This takes up a lot of valuable real estate when working with a large drawing and forces more panning when zooming in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Currently no way to set transparent color

Shapes need to be have transparent setting for fill

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Integrate with OneNote - File Printout

Allow Online Visio documents to be embedded into OneNote notebooks by use of File Printout Feature.
    Currently, the following error message appears:
    There was a problem inserting the file. If you can open the file in another application, try printing the file to the 'Send to OneNote 2016' instead.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow opening embedded Visio's into the Visio client

Today I cannot open an embedded Visio object into the Visio client, like I can with PPT and Excel. All I can do is edit the diagram in the object editor which is a poor tool to use.
    So I end up having to store the Visio file alongside the main document. Extra work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add comments in VSD Visio file

If I will open the VSDX file then I will get an option to view the comments & reply the comments in Sharepoint o365. But If i will open the VSD file then no comment option available. Like to suggest this communication option is really help people

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hide Background Pages by default in Visio Online

Background pages are normally used for title blocks, etc, and do not contain any useful shapes.
    They should be hidden by default, but be able to make visible by a setting or in code

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make ActionTags available

We use ActionTags extensively for showing both warnings and informational messages to users about shapes. It would be very useful to have these online too.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show the footnotes!

The problem with Visio is that it doesn't show its footnotes. So when I want to share the complete file with all it's content; I have to save it as PDF.
    I would like to see that footnotes are always to be seen (especially in Sharepoint).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can you ensure you have comments agaisnt each step and it is easier to move around in MAC

Can you ensure you have comments agaisnt each step and it is easier to move around in MAC

Also need to ensure these steps can easily be pulled in list or excel and we track version changes on the steps..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Steps getting duplicated on the Visio

After loading the Visio, we need the SharePoint list to read the Visio steps without duplication and when we change the Visio file and reload it, The SP list should get updated with the version history data, Please touch base to speak more about the design

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 7 8 9 11 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Visio for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base