Visio Online

Welcome to the Visio Online feedback forum! We love hearing from customers and partners. To help us make Visio more awesome, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this forum to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy , including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• As soon as you start entering a new idea, a list of similar ideas might show up, allowing you to either vote for an existing idea or create a new one.
  • There is no restriction on votes but you can vote any idea only once. hence vote for ideas that you want to see in future releases of Visio
  • You can add #hashtags to your idea description for tagging! it makes it easier to search for similar ideas.

Looking forward for your ideas

Help us make Visio more Awesome!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Need to have Email notification shape , did not find while seraching

Searched for the Email notification share, but did not see one. Would like to have it in the process diagram to explain in better way,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Visio Online part of Office365 Home

Consider opening Visio online free to Microsoft OneDrive users. That is, the free account that you can get with Windows/Microsoft account (like is done presently with other Web/Online versions of the Office tools; OneNote, Word, Excel, etc.) or at least Office365 Home subscription users. Google has free diagraming and drawing tool as part of Google docs online and Microsoft needs consumer/students mindshare. If you open it up, consumer pull through will spill into the enterprise.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Visio Azure A/D Network/System scan tool

Give Azure Active Direcrory an added tool that can scan your cloud and on prem system and network.

Once this tool indentifies each device it then places it into a live online diagram.

This would be a huge plus for every single Sys Admin/ Network admin.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support Entity Relationship Diagrams

It would be great to see support for the creation of crow's-foot Entity Relationship Diagrams in Visio Online. It's possible to do a basic ERD without crows-foot relationship representations with the SDL > Divided Process, but it's not very easy and the lack of crows-foot notation is an issue.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable more basic edit function between files -such as copy and paste!

Visio online is really not very useful as is. It does not show basic functions, such as gridlines, to help line up content. It does not allow basic 'cut and paste' from one Visio document to another (for creating similar but other diagrams), it does not allow cut and paste of images to a Word document (so to utility of the whole software is about zero). I really do not understand what value this product has - as is, it is rather in-useful... (Also, it does not save properly. I lost a file that I spent much time on, because…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve the opening of desktop files in Visio Online

I have lots of Visio files that were created in the (Windows) desktop version of Visio. So far, NOT A SINGLE FILE I have will open in Visio Online, with no feedback as to what features may be blocking.

An improvement would be some sort of feedback, providing information about the feature(s) that are blocking the file from opening, so I can then clean the file in the desktop version.

Alternatively, an export function to the Online version in the desktop version that strips all possibly offending features would also help.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Visio online: open a linked diagram (in another vsd file) in the browser

We have Visio files in a SharePoint library. When the user clicks on a file the diagram opens in Visio Online.

However when you click in this diagram on a link (collapsed process) to another visio diagram, which is stored as another Visio in the same library then currently the only option is to download that file or open it in the Visio deskptop app.

Please make it possible to use your browser to navigate through different diagrams, that are stored in different Visio files on sharepoint (is if they were webpages).

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow for duplication of existing pages or creation of new pages

I only have access to Visio online. I need to create a drawing with multiple pages and cannot. Please allow creation of new pages, or duplication of existing pages.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow fullscreen

Allow full screen / presentation mode for the VSD diagram

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow iPad Pro to use Visio Online Editor

I need edit capabilities on iPad Pro, so I tried to use the new Visio Online Editor preview and found it doesn't work. Not that it can't work, it appears to be intentionally disabled.

A message appears saying my device screen is too small (less than 10 inches), but it's not too small! My iPad Pro display is 10.5" and the larger one is over 12".

Would love to know why this restriction is in place. I have a full desktop license.

For the love of God, Satya does iOS demos on stage and uses an iPhone for his personal…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable viewing multiple hyperlinks through Visio Online

Visio allows adding multiple hyperlinks to a single shape (right click on shape and select hyperlink). The links are displayed in the right click window and user can select the link of interest to view.

The Visio Online viewer is not showing hyperlinks at all while Acrobat Reader is able to show at least one of the links when viewing a PDF copy of the Visio file.

Would be good to allow users to see all of the hyperlinks defined for any shape on diagram through Visio Online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Linking to shapes with Zoom

In Visio on the desktop, one can link to any shape from another shape and specify the zoom level. Looks like that feature doesn't carry over to Visio Online

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Visio online as an add-on to Office 365 Home

Add Visio Pro for Office 365 and Visio Online as an add-on to Office 365 Home subscriptions.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Visio Online Web Part

Like the Visio Services web part, please can we have the ability to have Visio Online as a web part such that it allows customisation and connectivity to other web parts.

(Very useful functionality that exists within Visio Services.)

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Open linked diagrams in the same browser tab

Please provide a way of opening linked diagrams in the same tab. Currently, when we click on a link to open another diagram, it will be opened in a new tab, and many of our customers dislike ending up with a large number of tabs in their browser.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Drag function with mouse

Please add the ability to CTRL + SHIFT drag or some other means of dragging the canvas around.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Panning and Pinch Zooming

Can we please have panning and pinch-zooming - navigating through diagrams using the old zoom control and browser scroll bars seems so old fashioned.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Print View or Export to PDF (viewer)

Please provide the ability to Print and/or save to PDF, when using Visio Online viewer.
    In my orgainisation, only a limited number of people are creating process maps, and have access to the full clients or Online Editor licences. The majority of people are consuming these processes using the online viewer. Not having a native print function is a show-stopper for us, particularly with senior management who like to print this kind of content and annotate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow editing on phones

When editing, I get the restriction message 'can't edit on anything less than 9 inches'.
    I can do a whole PowerPoint presentation on a phone, which seems much more complex. I'm on an iPhone X, but any of the phones, new iPad Pros (with pencil support!).

I liked where Microsoft is going - any device, any time, any where.
    Please let Visio march along to that!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Display the list of sheets in visio preview on the right as a list.

Display list of sheets such that the user can select from a wider variety of sheets than the ones at the bottom. Alternatively recenter the selected sheet after selecting it so that traversing diagrams with many sheets can be done faster

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Visio Online

Feedback and Knowledge Base