Visio Data Visualizer Add-in for Excel

1. Allow shape order to be defined for Org Charts from DV

The Person shapes in an Org Chart should be ordered in the same order as the source table. This would allow normal Excel sorting, including PowerQuery, to define the shape order on each branch

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MindMap template with grouping/rolling up/down would be super useful

or other way to organize mindstorming, where multi-tree structure would be nice (multiple core nodes, categories, dependencies, drilling trough views and details etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Synchronizing the Add-In content in Excel Online and Excel Desktop

Hi there,

I created a new Excel file in Excel-Online and then additionally opened the file in Excel Desktop, so that both are open in parallel. When, for example, I edit cells, these edits are synchronized between the files. That's fine. In the online version, I added the Visio Data Visualizer from the Add-Ins. This worked and the Add-In pane/shape also immediately appears in the file opened in Excel Desktop.

I selected a basic flowchart in the file opened in Excel Online. The Add-In inserted a table and shows the diagramm. But that is not (!) synchronized with the same…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add-In Language should follow active Excel language

Hi there,

while trying to rename a column in the source table and refreshing the Add-In, I got an error pane on the right of the Add-In. This was in German. I am normaly using Excel in German. But in this case - besides of that the layout of the error pane is a little bit messed up - I was wondering, why the error pane is in German and not in English - especially as my info is that the Add-In is not translated yet and the rest of the Add-In is in English.

So, as I have several…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Orphaned files on OneDrive

Hi there,

when I insert a new visio chart in a e.g. newly created but unsaved Excel file, the Add-In adds a new file to my OneDrive folder for the data visualization (I am in this case logged in to Office 365 in Excel and in the Add-In).

If I close the Excel file without saving or just delete the Add-In shape, then the created file in OneDrive is not deleted or at least marked that it is e.g. unused. So, that could lead to many orphaned files in my OneDrive - meaning visio visualizations which are not linked to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Naming the created drawings on OneDrive through the Add-In

Hi there,

I tried out the Data Visualizer - awesome. However, I have some suggestions for the Add-In, the first one in this thread.

When creating a new visio chart with the Add-In, these files are stored in my One Drive. These files are named Drawing.vsdx, Drawing 1.vsdx, Drawing 2.vsdx and so on. In the long run, however, this will be quite confusing - e.g. if I create a lot of drawings in several Excel files. The suggestion is to be able to name the drawings - even if I don't have a Visio subscription.

Please see screenshot here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhLijMF6Rixd2Q5pwds6QiLJR7Xt

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. graficos que possa girar em 360 graú

busca graficos que possa girar em 360 graú

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)