Visio Data Visualizer Add-in for Excel

1. Synchronizing the Add-In content in Excel Online and Excel Desktop

Hi there,

I created a new Excel file in Excel-Online and then additionally opened the file in Excel Desktop, so that both are open in parallel. When, for example, I edit cells, these edits are synchronized between the files. That's fine. In the online version, I added the Visio Data Visualizer from the Add-Ins. This worked and the Add-In pane/shape also immediately appears in the file opened in Excel Desktop.

I selected a basic flowchart in the file opened in Excel Online. The Add-In inserted a table and shows the diagramm. But that is not (!) synchronized with the same…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add-In Language should follow active Excel language

Hi there,

while trying to rename a column in the source table and refreshing the Add-In, I got an error pane on the right of the Add-In. This was in German. I am normaly using Excel in German. But in this case - besides of that the layout of the error pane is a little bit messed up - I was wondering, why the error pane is in German and not in English - especially as my info is that the Add-In is not translated yet and the rest of the Add-In is in English.

So, as I have several…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Orphaned files on OneDrive

Hi there,

when I insert a new visio chart in a e.g. newly created but unsaved Excel file, the Add-In adds a new file to my OneDrive folder for the data visualization (I am in this case logged in to Office 365 in Excel and in the Add-In).

If I close the Excel file without saving or just delete the Add-In shape, then the created file in OneDrive is not deleted or at least marked that it is e.g. unused. So, that could lead to many orphaned files in my OneDrive - meaning visio visualizations which are not linked to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Visio Data Visualizer Add-in for Excel

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base